cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 57

Re: How to order FTTP on Demand when availability checker says you can get it!

FTTP is not available on all exchanges only a limited number offer FTTC/FTTP
0 Ratings
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 32 of 57

Hi Petecov44, I assume if you are so close to the FTTC cab you are able to get an FTTC service ok?

I have read a lot on this and whilst i could be wrong i am of the understanding that (certainly in the first instance)  FTTP on Demand will only be available to customers on an FTTC enabled cab, that cant get the FTTC service because they are too far from it for the service to work. I also recently discovered that the fibre for FTTP on Demand actually comes direct from the exchange and has nothing ot do with the cab so i am not entirely sure why this is the case.

Just to re-cap i am something like 2.7km from the cab, and 3.5km from the exchange in a rural environment.

I placed an order in Nov 2013 and had a site survey in Feb this year (slight delay!) and then finally got a price back in April of, drum roll please... £19,500.00 !!

Strangely enough i haven't gone for it! Has anyone else on here had an success with FTTP on Demand?

0 Ratings
petecov44
Contributor
Message 33 of 57

hello

Sorry I never got back to yo. I never went with BT in the end and went with Plusnet. I have applied via their trials page as they are still doing it.

Yes I can get 73/17 and my line is 300M from the NGA. my exchange says 

FTTP on Demand33030--Available

So who knows. i will let you know if I hear anything 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 57

The only relevance that an FTTC cab has to FTTPoD is that there will be a fibre node nearby which FTTPoD would be supplied from.

0 Ratings
Joer36197
Message 35 of 57

No fttc and fttp are 2 total different product and set up in totally different ways
Fttp is more likely to be put in places where there is no fttc
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 57

You are posting on a three year old thread!

0 Ratings
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 37 of 57

You might be posting on a thread that i started 3 and a half years ago - but it's still relevant as i am still no closer to being able to order FTTP On Demand! 

I do wonder why Openreach even bother listing this as an "available" product when no ISP is interested in reselling it! If anyone has any information about an ISP happy to sell FTTP On Demand (completely different to just regular "FTTP") then plese let me know. 

Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 57

There are ISP's selling it.

Fluidata are one. However expect construction costs of many thousands (£4400 for 800-999m from the node) plus £360 a month rental, for a period of 36 months.

Yes, that's £17360 for 3 years of FTTP at 330/30.

After that, you're free to drop down to Infinity 1 should you so wish.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
2infinityandbeyond
Contributor
Message 39 of 57

Thanks for the info. When FTTP On Demand first emerged it was marketed to us that we would pay the cost of install (as you say £4k - £5k) and then thereafter you paid a monthly cost more similar to FTTC / FTTP which makes it a far more attractive product! We have been quoted less than £360 a month for a leased line! 

Please can you tell me which other ISP's sell it i will contact them for up to date quotes? Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 57

What speeds are the leased line though? And was it free installation? I doubt it.

Have a look online, there's information about if you look hard enough.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings