cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

How to report a fault without a landline

I was told over the online chat that I have a fault with my cable and I need to call 0800 800 151. It asks for my BT number, but I don't have a landline

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to report a fault without a landline

if you have BT Broadband you must have a landline whether copper or fibre and also phone number

you should check you phone bill or if you have a dial tone just dial 17070 and number will be repeated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

We don't have a landline, or phone bill, our contract is without landline service
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @ShaunAshton  welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you've been given incorrect info, the 0800 800 151 number is for reporting landline issues. If you have a broadband fault it's 0800 800 150 that you'd need to call. You can also raise a fault on BT.com via this link.

If you're asked to key in a telephone number ignore the message and the call will be routed to an advisor.

Post back to let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@ShaunAshton 

sorry but if you have BT broadband that is delivered to your home either by copper cable or fibre if on FTTP  you pay line rental included in your package price but may exclude landline services i.e  the ability to make or receive calls

it's a total misconception that you can get broadband without paying for line rental

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ShaunAshton,

Just a quick post to see how things are with your service?

Were you able to get the fault reported and has the service been repaired? If you need help with the repair, please post back.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

If you have a SOGEA line you may not have a phone service as these can be sold as  "naked Broadband"

You may have an ogea number allocated to your service. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings