cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How/where to monitor/log dropped internet?

Go to solution

Greetings all & thanks in advance for any replies: ( ANY replies..)

There must be tools/data in the BT Hub that monitors how often the internet drops (from Hub up the 'phone line..). We've got Fibre 1 and recently the internet is dropping irritatingly, orange lights on BT Hub becoming too familiar - 5 times in the last 90 minutes! (Hub5: Had a smart hub but that was even more unreliable). Happy to post any data from the hub eg the table that starts ...
1. Product Name: HomeHub5 etc etc etc..

Or is there some software tool I could run (on Windows or Linux) on my laptop that will log drops?

I fully appreciate all hardware/software/network always fails from time to time & that this is true for all suppliers' land-line broadband. No criticism of BT being made at all.

Incidentally but I was clutching at straws & have hard-reset the Hub twice now (paper-clip job). Each time, after hard-reset the speed goes up: Why?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How/where to monitor/log dropped internet?

Go to solution

the factory reset will have deleted all records of your previous drops in connection. 

If you to the logs in the hub and then search 'wan' you should see the dates and times of the drop and reconnection

if you are dropping connection that often have you checked for a dial tone on your landline and assuming there is a dial tone then check for noise - dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone preferably from test socket 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks, very helpful.

Ah, Rikki Fulton!

I post on other forums and sometimes use this avatar...

Rab.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

smiley thumbs up.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.