Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
davehealey
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Hub 3a Gigabit port

Hi all,

BT Infinity users since July 11, HH3a - no real issues to report until now.

Is it a known issue for the Gigabit port to keep falling over to 100M or perhaps even 10M !! I don't know if the 10/100 Ports are okay as they're not used in anger every day.

It's happening more and more now - thought is was my Gigabit switch but the replacement of the Hub 3 with a Linksys product proves reliable - but I have other issues with the Linksys product, which means I'd prefer to get the HH3 working.

Anyone got any advice for a newbie ?

TIA

Dave

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub 3a Gigabit port

Hi Dave, users have found issues with the gigabit port either not working at all or falling as you suggested. The only advice really is to ask for a hub replacement if you find that it's been faulty etc.

In all honesty i would use a different router for Infinity, home hub not up to scratch in my honest opinion, although it works perfectly for some people.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 3 of 5

As above the home hub3 will get booted out of my house when netgear come out with the new generation router, but your problem reminds me of an old netgear router that ports would fail and only wifi work turned out to be a software issue this could be the case
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

davehealey wrote:snipped

Anyone got any advice for a newbie ?

TIA

Dave

Yes, wait.

It's a known issue with certain hub3a's though BT have been unable to replicate this on their own test hubs.

(from a conversation with a BT employee) - BT have issued some hub3a's to a select few and these customers are testing a new hub firmware to hopefully resolve this. I'm not permitted to say what the firmware version will be, but I have also had confirmation of the firmware version from another source.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
IceZaroth
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Call tell them HH3 A Faulty and you need a HH3 Type "B"

And let the good times ROLL

Best Wishes

0 Ratings