Message 21 of 64

Re: Hub 5 keeps resetting

Done, lets see what happens!

0 Ratings
El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 22 of 64

Another reset, or multiple, 2 hours ago but who knows as I wasn't streaming at the time so didn't notice. This is getting ridiculious & not the service I'm paying for!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 64

Hi @El-Gringo I've checked and we have received your details. Sorry that we are busier than usual at the moment but we will be in touch once you reach the top of our queue to help you with this.

Cheers

John

El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 24 of 64

OK Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 64

Hi @El-Gringo,

Thanks for sending over the details. I tried calling this evening, sorry I missed you. I've run some diagnostics and the results indicate a network issue so I've raised that with our suppliers for investigation. I'll be in touch as soon as I have any updates for you.

Cheers

David

El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 26 of 64

OK Thanks again for taking the trouble. Acording to the log there were further reset(s) around 3 am so hopefully I can get this satisfactorily resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 64

@El-Gringo I called there but missed you. BT Wholesale have made arrangements for an engineer to check the network as they have picked up a fault when testing your connection. We'll keep an eye on it from here and contact you back as soon as we have further updates. 

El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 28 of 64

A bit of a surprise but just had a visit from 2 Openreach engineers who tested my line & found a HR fault on the terminal box fitted in the loft by the porevious engineers back in 2014. They have removed the small internal PCB, provided permanently crimped connections & were now happy with the line tests. Seems a very simple thing to effect a cure so I will have to see what happens over night & during the next few days. Said there should no longer be an issue with the line but if I still get drop outs, to try a new router so will just have to see what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 64

@El-Gringo Thanks for posting back, hopefully that's it sorted now. I'll run a few more checks on Monday to check the connection stability.

El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 30 of 64

Many thanks; fingers crossed!

0 Ratings