Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 61 of 64

Re: Hub 5 keeps resetting

Hi Again

Can MODS pick up on this complaint again please? You asked me to get in contact again on my return from holiday if the hub resetting problem was still, “a problem”. I did try a personal eMail over a week ago but got no response so I’ve re-posted this forum again.

I’m now 2 weeks back from our 2 month trip away & I can report that constant hub resets are still occurring. Things did improve slightly early in September after Openreach Engineers visited & did some checks before I left but it’s now much worse & back to the same multiple reset scenario I was experiencing when I first posted the forum in August. Resets I know about happen at least once a day & the multiple reset problem occurs regularly, I’ve just had 4 resets in the space of 35 minutes! I’m  about to install iT central heating system controls but dread to think how the hub resets are going to affect my ability to control the system remotely!

After many years having a totally reliable connection, this problem has been occurring since around the beginning of this year. Something obviously happened/changed locally here around the beginning of the year to cause this problem; I’m just not getting a reliable internet connection any more!

More help please to try & solve this problem which is playing havoc with my streaming devices which we rely on heavily here. Mostly any streaming device I’m using has to be reset every time the hub trips out before it will work again!

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 64

Hi @El-Gringo and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're still having these problems. I've made the contact link available to you so please send me over your details and we'll look into this for you again.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 64

Hi @El-Gringo,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. I've ran a few checks on your line and I do think we'll need to arrange another engineer's visit to take a look at your service.

In order to be able to book the engineer, I do need to speak to you in person. Please can you let me know what would be a good time for me to call?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
El-Gringo
Contributor
Message 64 of 64

Hi Paddy sorry that I just mised you again today, I was expecting your call either Wednesday 29th or yesterday. Things here are pretty much the same one reset around 02:30 this morning & one I noticed yesterday at 16:16 but Wednesday was much worse with several resets in the morning & two within 15 minutes at around 19:30. This is not just playing havoc with my streaming services now, it's also affecting remote internet access to the new heating system controls I've just installed, the resets keep knocking the control unit off-line to the remote server & I keep having to reboot it locally to get it up & running again, obviously not much use if I'm out when it happens!

I should be around Monday, Tuesday, & Friday next week & on Wednesday up until 14:00 but can make myself available on any of those days for an Engineering visit if required, you can either phone & leave a message or email me. 

0 Ratings