cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elvisshield
Message 1 of 5

Hub 5A keeps resetting

Heres the problems I been having with this issue.

Problem started about 6 weeks ago. Contacted BT spoke to helpdesk and tried a few solutions over the phone like changing/sharing 2ghz and 5ghz etc. He tested the line and showed that it was working fine, well yes as the problem is that it works fine but keeps reseting every so often and then reconnects. Told he will monitor the line and ring me back.

Heard nothing back so I contact BT again and am told that the first job has been closed as customer did not ring back. This member of staff then checks I have done the previous (2ghz 5ghz) and then has me try changing the channels to see if helps. We leave it for a day or two to see it that fixes it, it doesnt so I ring back as still doing it, get same member of staff and he cannot think of anything to try as he tests the line now (when it working) and says the line is fine. (again it an intermittent problem) Told he will escalate the issue and an engineer will contact me, I suggest that I check the error log when the broadband disconnects to get the error message.

I either did not get a call back or I missed the one call. Had the same issue happening so I contact again today.

Today I get the a member of staff who sounded like he hates his job and does not care how he speaks to customers. I explain the issue and he tells me that the job has not been escalated and that it looks resolved.

Do i want him to help or contact other member or staff, explain I want it resolved today it been going on 6 weeks. He says will check the line, Guess what????!!! the line is fine, yes it intermittent issue (first time I been on landline to BT and they have been able to test the line without me hanging up either???).

Told their is nothing he can do but monitor line and ring back later if it happens again, I explain I have been through this twice already and been told going to be escalated to next level twice already. Reply "did you not listen to what I just said", I say yes but did you hear me say I been through this already and I have logged the error messages for the engineer as requested". Best line yet from him "well its working now so make the most of it!". Excellent customer service right there. He can do nothing as the line is working fine. (perhaps you should spend time explaining to your staff what the word intermittent means), if I want a new hub I will have to pay (who said I wanted a new hub????) cant have an engineer as there is no issue on the line.

I then hang up and ring to complain.

4th member of staff listens to issue and does the exact same things all the others have done. But he did ask me about the error messages and has told me that a PPP error is a common thing for customers. He is now monitoring the line again and will ring me back. (I aint holding my breath)

Can anyone here tell me what I can do as my broadband was fine until the latest firmware update on the 14/7/17. Since then I keep getting these disconnects at random times daily. I have a homehub 5 type A. I would just go and buy a new hub but I dont want to if thats not causing the issue.

Here is some of the error messages, it always the same only difference is the uptime.

14:54:39, 24 Aug. (90767.320000) PTM over DSL is down after 634 minutes uptime
14:54:39, 24 Aug. (90767.310000) PPPoE is down after 633 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN Ethernet 2 -​ Down)]
14:54:36, 24 Aug. (90764.550000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

22:38:53, 25 Aug. (205019.330000) PTM over DSL is down after 1877 minutes uptime
22:38:53, 25 Aug. (205019.320000) PPPoE is down after 1876 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN Ethernet 2 -​ Down)]
22:38:50, 25 Aug. (205016.380000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

03:02:00, 29 Aug. (480002.950000) PTM over DSL is down after 1980 minutes uptime
03:02:00, 29 Aug. (480002.950000) PPPoE is down after 1979 minutes uptime [Waiting for Underlying Connection (WAN Ethernet 2 -​ Down)]
03:01:57, 29 Aug. (479999.900000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

Many thanks and fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub 5A keeps resetting

Hi @elvisshield Sorry that your call was not handled and a professional and courteous manner. I have moved your post to create your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

As you have a Homehub 5 will you please post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
elvisshield
Message 3 of 5

Here you go, thank you for helping.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ43455707
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 (Type A) Last updated 14/07/17
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 05:34:31
6. Data rate:19978 / 79629
7. Maximum data rate:25836 / 69676
8. Noise margin:8.6 / 1.7
9. Line attenuation:15.3 / 14.2
10. Signal attenuation:14.9 / 14.2
11. Data sent/received:5.8 GB / 189.6 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @elvisshield,

Thanks for posting the stats. Is there any noise on the line? Can you check that by connecting a phone to the test socket and dialling 17070 option 2.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
elvisshield
Message 5 of 5

It has just dropped the connection again and contacted BT as they were monitoring the line. I spoke to a lovely lady and she confirmed the line had no issue but I read out the error log to her and they are going to send me a new hub and see if that fixes the issue.

Many thanks for you help with this and thank you for being so quick to help. That member of staff I spoke to earlier today must of just been having an off day as never had an experience like it before with anyone at BT.

0 Ratings