cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STEVEA59
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Hub 6 keeps disconnecting

Hello I have the BT hub 6 and twice this week the internet has disconnected and the light on the router goes Orange, now correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the hub was 'smart' and by that I would hope the hub would correct itself and sort out the problem, but on both occasions I've had to switch the hub off for a couple of minutes and switch it back on to which then it reconnects.

Is there a setting I need to enable to allow to hub to sort it self out? Otherwise why the hell is it called a 'smart hub'???

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hub 6 keeps disconnecting

Hi @STEVEA59 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection. Can you post your helpdesk details? You'll find them in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254 or http://bthomehub.home. Do you have any noise on the line? You can check that by dialling 17070 option 2. If you can give us as much information as possible I'm sure we'll be able to help you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Out of interest has your Smarthub updated its firmware in the last couple of weeks? (See the Advanced Information log in the routers webpage). If so did your problems start following this 'upgrade'?
0 Ratings
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hi, HH6 is a bit of a disaster all round, only need to browse through these forums so realise all the problems and complaints. If you have HH5 then I would reinstall that and forget about the HH6 for now...that's what I did and everything has been 100% since....if you haven't got a HH5 then shelling out for a used one would probably be the easiest and quickest solution....going down the analysis, stats, support deal route requires a stamina that was beyond me.....
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

If paying for a router, at least buy a decent third party one not a Home Hub.

0 Ratings
tdzcroydon
Message 6 of 7

Hi
Somewhat similar fault with hub6 type A local speed for my home is supposed to be 50mbps - initially correct with hub5 - replaced with hub 6 then wify connection to sky box router kept switching off every couple of days and speed dropped to 40mbps, then finally to 31mbps - changed back to hub5 no more wifi drop out and latest speed 43mbps. Suspect that web6 has inconsistent line connection and that exchange equipment (Walcott) slows speed to try to stabilize line. Very disappointed with HUB 6 perhaps not smart hub but thick hub!!!!
0 Ratings
jacketer57
Message 7 of 7

Hi Steve was this ever resolved?

0 Ratings