cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenhew
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Hub connection drop out

I got fibre to the Premises  in September 2019. I have had intermittent problems with the Internet connection dropping out the hub or go green solid green light for thirty seconds or more than / purple and blue again and then it can range from fifteen minutes to forty five minutes for the same thing happens again . I’ve had to have changed twice and the fibre box on the wall changed once they say the connection to the house is fine and there is something inside which is causing it to dry . I have systematically removed every single cable into my router as I do use a TP link to connect other hard wired devices, and replied to them and waited to see what caused the connection drop. I found nothing that made it happen. It then was fine for a month until today when Sky came round to replace my sky plus boxes which were hardwired to my router with the sky Q which are now hardwired to the router via the same cables. It has started again and keeps dropping out and I don’t know why. I really want to get a different Rueter as I feel that the BT hub isn’t working for my household. I have four children who stream Netflix who played games online gaming and then I have sky Q I also have Sonos. My doorbell is connected to it my heating is connected to it and I am having so much trouble it is really disruptive when I’m trying also to work from home. Can anyone recommend a Rueter for me for a large household and anyone have any solution or have the similar problem?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
curiousfellow
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hub connection drop out

What is your set up, the old HH3 and separate white modem or a white modem and a TP Link router or something like a HH5 combined modem router?

I was using a Netgear router with the old BT white modem, everything had been great for years but in Late December \ early Jan, I started getting regular disconnects like you. I had a BT HH6 spare and swapped everything over. I still get disconnects but these are now 35+ days apart.

But it's a bit difficult to suggest what to do when it's not clear what your set up is.

If you've an HH5 or later and use a TP Link router for other wired devices, rather than systematically disconnecting a cable from your TP Link for your hard wired devices one at a time, Id disconnect the TP Link completely and see how the connection holds up.

0 Ratings
Kenhew
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hub connection drop out

I have the latest home hub (the 6). I have a  TP-Link TL-SG116 16-Port Desktop gigabit Ethernet switch. Which connects to it and has all my other hardwired decide on - Sonos, alarm CCTV and the main sky q box, there is also 2 Wi-fi disc extenders connected to this tp link . The bt hub also has a direct Ethernet connection to one of the sky mini boxes. The hub is connected direct to the white open reach fibre connection box on the wall.  

0 Ratings