Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Hub keeps dropping broadband connection

Continously dropping broadband connection Suspected smarthub bt plus doesnt cover hub!!!

I have had a problem for the last couple of months with my broadband connection keep resetting, first a bit of background information.

I have Bt infinity 2 with a bt smarthub v6a for the past 18 months had a connection speed of 79down 20up excellent as the green cabinet is about 10ft away.

I joined Bt Plus because of the broadband price freeze, anyway as luck would have it (or so I thought) I thought I will report the fault as I had lost connection over 5 times in the past 24 hours and my speeds had dropped 62/20, so I phoned the Bt Plus help line. I explained the problem she ran several tests over a period of 30 minutes, but nothing showed as a problem her end so I requested my mini 4g hub to keep me connected, however I was politely told I wasn't eligible as the hub wasnt covered, Just be warned it does state it in the small print of the T&C's. This is an ongoing saga with a second engineers visit booked for Monday speeds now 42/15 my money is on the hub being at fault but they won't send a replacement untill the engineer has been.

If you made it through all that thanks for reading Nigel

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Hub keeps dropping broadband connection

@McSure Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having issues with your connection. Did the engineer manage to get the issue fixed for you yesterday?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Hi, thanks for replying to my post, the engineer did indeed call, couldn't find anything at fault ,replaced the faceplate reset at the cabinet speeds back to 79/20 sync however the hub still keeps restarting and losing connection so I still think the hub is faulty. The engineer said he would request a new hub as a precaution so I am awaiting a replacement hub. I will keep you updated once it arrives.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Hi @McSure No problem thanks for posting back and letting me know how the visit went, please do let us know how you get on with the replacement Hub as we'll be happy to help if you need an further assistance with this.  

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Hi are you able to chase my hub replacement as I haven't heard anything yet an my hub has restarted 5 times so far today. Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

I would expect you would have to wait quite a few days, assuming one was actually ordered, as its Openreach not BT Retail that visit.

The moderators are very busy, and it could take quite a few days for them to pick up any request from you.

If its a real problem, you could try a third party router (£40) to see if the disconnections continue, that would prove whether its the home hub, and would also give you a spare.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hi @McSure,

I'm sorry you haven't received your replacement Hub. I'll be able to chase this for you.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Isn't the qualification for the 4G modem to be sent out 5 disconnects in 24 hours?

Would be a bit concerned as I'm waiting on a Plus recontracting to go through, after waiting a month for a line fault to be fixed. Which I strongly believe was caused by another Openreach engineer installing a new line next door.

0 Ratings
McSure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Pm sent
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @McSure Please can you complete the form "Click here to contact the mods" on the profile page for @PaddyB or use mine. He is offline now and may not pick up your PM. The completed form comes to the Mod team and one of us will be in touch to help you when your case gets to the top of the pile.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings