cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Hub resetting

Hi some assistance please i went to use my BB it reset twice in 5 minutes which is odd so went and had a look on help desk and trouble shooter my hub has reset 41 times since 12.30am some kind if record ha. Git an engineer booked for tomorrow but it says for slow speeds no mention of all the resets and i wonder if a mod could pass on that information to the engineer? 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Hub resetting

do you have a dial tone on your landline phone?  if so dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

I don't have a phone plunged in as i haven't used my landline in years. The bt diagnosis bot found a fault of slow connection so i guess thats good news as he should do all the tests and find the issue. Its just odd that the speed goes up and down everytime
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

20210121_121303.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

the most basic check for broadband problems is first to check for dial tone then to check for line noise both of which have serious affect on your broadband connection speed and stability

hopefully the problem is not is your home connections/internal wiring otherwise you may be charged

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

That's after i reset it it looks normal to me apart from being 20mbs slower than when i signed up but thats a different BT issue.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

It shouldn't be my wiring as its been the same way for the 2 years ive had fibre now and its never reset that many times 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Oops not solved just scrolling on my phone haha
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

@Mark69 wrote:
I don't have a phone plunged in as i haven't used my landline in years. The bt diagnosis bot found a fault of slow connection so i guess thats good news as he should do all the tests and find the issue. Its just odd that the speed goes up and down everytime

Without checking for noise on your landline, there is nothing else you can do. A noisy landline is the cause of nearly all broadband issues, and cannot be detected by the normal BT line test.

The solution is to get hold of a cheap (less than £10) wired phone, and plug it into the phone socket to see if you get dial tone.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Will the engineer test that tomorrow? It says he will start outside but if he can't find a fault out there he will come in and test the master socket?

Noob question but why does noise happen if nothings changed here with wiring?
0 Ratings