cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Hub resetting

@Mark69 wrote:
Will the engineer test that tomorrow? It says he will start outside but if he can't find a fault out there he will come in and test the master socket?

Noob question but why does noise happen if nothings changed here with wiring?

Its usually a fault on the external network, like corroded joints or water ingress.

This will normally show up on a landline phone.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Its reset again so basically no chance to use it today
I need a phone then its a bit late now but it will be useful after. Someone said to use the landline every few weeks to clear the line or some such term is that true?
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Should i turn it off as it just keeps restarting up 30s off again then on 30 seconds etc
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Hi @Mark69 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband disconnecting and noise on the line and I'm sure the engineer will get that sorted for you. It would do no harm to disconnect the Hub today but I'd recommend having it on for the appointment slot tomorrow to allow the engineer to see if it's connected or not. Using the phone every few weeks can help as it sends a current down the line which can clear oxidation off the copper.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

I will let you know tomorrow if they solve it if not we will go from there though they should fix Ive ordered a phone so that will help in future and to the clear line thing. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Openreach came did some tests found two faults and fixed one but had to wait for a hoist as the phone line is low hanging he was supposed to be here at 12 but its 2 now and still nothing? Ive got to go to work in and hour and a half i booked the early slot for that reason. Now im getting stressed that they won't fix it today, the speeds are still slow and drops still happening so they haven't fixed it yet. 😑
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

I have had the same issue really annoying playing games.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

So an update the engineer came on the 21st fixed three faults got the speed up but its still resetting everyday and twice last night, i thought it might be because he reset the line so its doing that 10 day 'training the line' thing? 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Engineer booked for today and he's a no show.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@Mark69 wrote:

Engineer booked for today and he's a no show.

They usually just do a check of the terminations in the cabinet and DP.

They would not come inside anyway, during the current pandemic.

0 Ratings