Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Hub started reboot, now slow speed.

Hi

I leave my Hub on all the time and I have speeds around 40Mb.

This morning, Monday, Hub constantly starts rebooting, connects for a short while and then reboots again.
This went on for a few hours, eventually, I get a steady connection but my speed has dropped to 27Mbs.

Nothing changed with my setup and no faults stated on BT status page.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Hub started reboot, now slow speed.

post the stats from your hub

sounds like all the rebots you describe have resulted in higher noise margin and lower speed.  if that is the case then should recover but takes a stable connection and weeks rather than days

did you investigate to see if you could find cause of reboots - check quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the reply.

I did a quiet line test and it seems ok, apart from two short high pitched sounds at the start.

It has continued to connect for a short while then reboot, the speed is now down to 22Mb/s, almost half it's normal speed.

What stats would you require?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

which hub do you have?

have you tried connecting to the test socket with a new filter and see if that helps stability by eliminating your internal wiring as causing a problem - even if you have a filtered master socket  I would also try quiet line test when filter in test socket

you need to find cause of of reboots as your connection will only get worse until fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

It's their own Hub, it is connected to the Master socket.

The Master socket has two connections, I believe it's already split so  no need for a filter.

I will try the other suggestions later and let you know.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

As you are on infinity and don't appear to have a separate modem in addition to the hub then you have a hh5 or hh6 Stats for hh5 are troubleshooting then helpdesk For hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information Even with the filtered you currently have it will help eliminate your internal wiring and faceplate if you can connect to test socket with a filter and see if that helps stability

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Hi 

I did what you said about removing faceplate and using filter.
As of writing post it has rebooted twice

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Update.

I left it overnight with the facepalet removed and with a filter fitted, it looked more stable with no disconnects but with reduced speeds.

Replaced this morning with usual config and it has started rebooting.

There is obviously a problem on BT side, is there anyway they can come out and look at it without going through all this again over the phone?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

this is a customer help customer forum as it says at start and everyone here is a customer just like you apart from forum mods who are BT employees

so is connection more stable when you are connected to the test socket rather than faceplate?  do you have extension sockets connected to faceplate as they may be casuing probalem as may the faceplate itself.  if problem is in your home then you may well be charged for an engineer callout

you need to phone 151 and get engineer visit bearing in mind what I have posted above

are you able to post ths stats from your hub - I explained how previously

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

It's started even rebooting direct to the faceplate now, but seems more stable.

There is an extension, but it was fitted by BT it is directly wired to the Master socket, I can't disconnect it or isolate it.

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084319+NQ64769600

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

22-May-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 3 Minutes 18 Seconds