cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hybrid Connect information

Go to solution

Hi Guys hope im posting this in the right place.

OK I'm looking for a bit more information on what the Hybrid Connect with Halo 3 can do?

I know & fully understand that while connected to the Smart hub 2 with ethernet cable if the smart hub drops out for any reason it automatically switches over to the 4g connection of this device which is great news as the wife relies on the broadband to be able to work.

I have set up the wifi disks & the Hybrid connect I would like to know if the Hybrid Connect also acts in the same way the wifi disks & extend the home network?

It seems a relatively large device to simply just house a 4g sim to connect to an LTE network when needed.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hybrid Connect information

Go to solution

@InTheBoxwrote:

Hi Guys hope im posting this in the right place.

OK I'm looking for a bit more information on what the Hybrid Connect with Halo 3 can do?

I know & fully understand that while connected to the Smart hub 2 with ethernet cable if the smart hub drops out for any reason it automatically switches over to the 4g connection of this device which is great news as the wife relies on the broadband to be able to work.

I have set up the wifi disks & the Hybrid connect I would like to know if the Hybrid Connect also acts in the same way the wifi disks & extend the home network?

It seems a relatively large device to simply just house a 4g sim to connect to an LTE network when needed.

Thanks in advance

Hi @InTheBox   The Hybrid Connect is purely a backup 4G modem, nothing else. Note it also connects to the SH2 by WiFi as well so you can locate it with the best 4G signal. I’m guessing the size is required for the best 4G antenna. 

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Hi veteran thank you I thought as much shame because if it could extend your network too would save having a disk & a hybrid connect
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Don't expect too much. The switch over to the 4G connection takes about two minutes, so there will be a break in service. Equally, if you're getting a lot of short breaks, the Hybrid will not have time to take over. Two minutes is long enough to get you kicked off a streaming service or game, but it may be enough for work purposes, depending on what you need to do. You will drop out of a Skype or Zoom call, for example.

0 Ratings