cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hybrid Halo 3 +

Hi all, 

I'm having a problem with my halo 3+ I've had the service for about 2 week but I can't get the 4g modem to take over the Internet. Its connected via LAN and all seems to be working ok however when I pull the RJ11 cable to simulate a broadband drop the hybrid modem connects but I cannot connect to the Internet. As you can see in the second picture it has connected but 0 bites of data has been used and I just get zero Internet through it. I've rebooted and reset both the smart hub 2 and the 4G modem but still no Internet. 

Any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Screenshot_20220122_055026_com.android.chrome_edit_542125108248528.jpg

Screenshot_20220122_055807_com.android.chrome_edit_542103965852697.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hybrid Halo 3 +

Hi @dusk24 

Sorry I cannot help but in your first image it should say Network mode: Broadband. It is blank.

If it was me, I wouldn't mess about. I would factory reset everything and set everything up again having tried a simple power recycle. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

As far as I'm aware, you shouldn't be connecting the hybrid to the hub LAN. It connect via WiFi and becomes the WAN connection instead of the DSL port. You won't get internet connectivity connected to a LAN port.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi all. I've tried the above suggestions and I'm still having issues with the modem not giving me any Internet. If anyone has any more suggestions that would be great.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

What colour lights are (both the SH2 and the HC) before and after you disconnect the broadband?

The listings you post show the IP address is not set (defaulting to 0.0.0.0) does this change when you try disconnecting the BB?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hiya mate. SH2 flashes purple and the EE light turns white (possible the signal strength bars as well) . The screen shot above was take when the EE modem was apparently connected so the IP didn't change. I usually have to reboot the EE modem after I restore the broadband as it disappears from the SH2 main screen, if I go into advanced settings and the press the hybrid connect it says No modem. I reboot the modem and it all comes back.

#All lights are blue before I start with 2 bars on the signal. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Can you try  disconnecting the ethernet cable between the SH2 and HC so that it relies on Wifi - just to check that the same symptoms persist regardless of how the SH2 and HC are linked?

0 Ratings