cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Hybrid connect

Go to solution

Hi

Got my Hybrid connect today.  but a couple of questions re its position.

I presume that once paired with the hub, it can be operated via wireless.  and can it be placed a couple of rooms away next to one of my disks?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hybrid connect

Go to solution

Hi @coreservers 

Thanks for your post!

Have a look at our help pages where you'll see more info about Hybrid Connect.  The following link answers your question: Tips for using Hybrid Connect

"The Hybrid Connect device works best when it’s attached to a Smart Hub with an Ethernet cable. But it can connect to the hub without it. So if you’ve set up Hybrid Connect and your 4G signal isn’t strong enough, it’s time to try moving your device to another location. Your Hybrid Connect device will then connect to your Smart Hub using wi-fi.

Look for a location that’s:

• Well ventilated
  • Raised up from the floor
  • Away from other electronics
  • Near a plug and a window
  • Relatively close to your hub"

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hybrid connect

Go to solution

I have poor 4g signal here and so wherever I put the hybrid connect I get 1 bar. My phone shows 3 bars in one location only but I cannot connect the hybrid c by Ethernet at this point. The disc light turns yellow. I can move the hybrid c to get the highest possible db signal but it may not be connected by Ethernet.

Is it more important to get a good 4g signal ( max 4g signal) or have a solid blue light ( connection to hub) ?. In my case I can't have both but can optimise with a bit of advice. Thanks

0 Ratings