cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

I am on BT fibre 1 but address not showing on Openreach

Hello,

We have been on BT fibre 1 for a long time (at least 2 years) however our address which is a flat which is one of four flats in the building does not show on the postcode checker nor do any of the other flats.  I have checked the below link using my phone number and I am attaching the results in case this helps clarify the issue.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/telephoneHome

jt6789_0-1606756721379.png

I guess my query is - is it BT's responsibility to trigger an update on the database so that our address shows?

Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: I am on BT fibre 1 but address not showing on Openreach

Can you check that your address is correct on Royal Mail database?   Do BT have you address correct on your bills?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your quick reply.  This might be at the root of the problem. Royal Mail has what could be our flat but the address does not exactly correspond to either the electoral register or the number of the flat as on the door.  As for BT, I have just amended the flat name to match the electoral register.  To add to the confusion, the previous address on BT was yet another different one not on Royal Mail. 

What I find really odd is that none of the other flats in the buidling show in the postcode search even though some of them are on Royal Mail. Also, all the other houses in the postcode do show entries in the search.

What doesn't enter my head is the fact that we have had this service for years seemingly without disruption but yet we dont' seem to exist.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Once you get your address amended in the Royal Mail database it will filter through to all others. Openreach database, BT, SKY et al, all draw from the Royal Mail database.

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address 

0 Ratings