cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daglesj
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

I had the Speedboost to 80/20 about a year ago. Now it's back to 50/15!

A while back the media was covering the fact that those of us on the standatd lower speed packaged were being upgraded to the full 80/20 deal. Also my ping was a nice 5-10ms This indeed happend and all was well. However, recently I tested my line speed and its now back to the old pre speedboost speeds also the ping is pretty much 25ms all the time. Nothing has changed as far as I know. Tested two routers (TP LInk & Draytek via an Openreach modem) and they both confirm the same speeds etc. Line tests are all fine, textbook even. I finally got round to logging back into my BT account and it states i'm on the lower package of 50Mbps (Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited). Just wondering why as a long term BT broadband customer (since 2001) I've lost what was a nice bonus. Was I not supposed to notice? Any chance I could get my 80Mbps rate back? Thanks
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: I had the Speedboost to 80/20 about a year ago. Now it's back to 50/15!

Welcome to this user forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

Thanks.
Oh the top 80/20 is available as I'm near the exchange City centre.

I'm wondering why one minute I'm upgraded to 80 and now downgraded to 50. Looking through the forum I'm not the only one this has happened to. Seems those folks got their 80/20 back.

Hope I can too.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 23

Please post what @Keith_Beddoe asked for. Exchange is irrelevant with VDSL, it's distance from the cabinet that determines what speed you get.

Also, please post stats from the Hub. If HH5 - http://192.168.1.254 - Troubleshooting - Helpdesk. If SH - http://192.168.1.254 - Advanced settings - Technical log.

0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

The results state 80 to 75 is available.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

@daglesj wrote:
Thanks.
Oh the top 80/20 is available as I'm near the exchange City centre.

I'm wondering why one minute I'm upgraded to 80 and now downgraded to 50. Looking through the forum I'm not the only one this has happened to. Seems those folks got their 80/20 back.

Hope I can too.

Please post the details from that website as requested, otherwise nobody will be able to help you. Its possible that the estimated speed range has changed, because of crosstalk.

Also, can you please post the full connection information from your home hub, including the connection speed, max connection speed, and noise margins.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
Highlighted
daglesj
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

The line stats are all good and the BT tests don't work as I don't use a Home hub.

0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 8 of 23

I'll post up more info when I can. Not at my setup right now.
0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

stats.jpgstats2.jpgline.jpg

0 Ratings