cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: I had the Speedboost to 80/20 about a year ago. Now it's back to 50/15!

your connection speed is 58/16mb so still definitely still on superfast 2 however your attainaible speed is now 68mb .  is the dslchecker current or original when you got fibre?

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your conenction  this applies even if you currently use a filtered master socket

any line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 12 of 23

@imjolly the DSL checker result is current as shown by the date of the observed speed.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
daglesj
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

Okay the situation is this. Appreciate the assitance so far! Excellent.

I was on Option 2 (whatever it was called) a while back with the 50Mbps rate.

Then BT announced they were upping everyone to 80Mbps or best.

I got 80Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Yayyyyyy! Did for a while. Life was lovely.

Now I test a few months later and I'm back to 50-55Mbps.

I have a ADSL faceplate as I was one of the first in Norwich to get ADSL back in 2001, when two engineers would turn up to install it.

I'm wondering if BT have just arbritrarily reset a bunch of customers to 50 rather than 80 because they were on the old slower option.

0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 14 of 23

Quiet Line test was fine. Nothing horrible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 23

as I pointed out already your connection speed is in excess of the old infinity 1 max of 55mb so you certainly are still on infinity 2 - as can also be seen with 16mb up connection and not 10mb

as I said try test socket with filter and see if that helps  your old master could be causing problems as they don't last forever

any line noise?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
daglesj
Beginner
Message 16 of 23

I dont have a test socket. I have the old ADSL plate.

I'll try some more things later thanks.

I still think this is a BT admin issue rather than a technical one. As they state I'm on the 55Mbps option whatever.

I have found many times that BT does not have a joined up plan. One team upgrades everyone to 80Mbps and the other team isnt told and resets all the upgraded folks back to pre-upgrade when it comes to contract renewal.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 23

There's no such thing as an ADSL plate. A SSFP has 2 sockets on it, one for phone, the other for Broadband. If this is what you have then there is a test socket behind the lower half of the faceplate.

ssfp.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 23

test socket is here

test socket.jpg

as I said you have a connection speed of 58/16mb so well above the infinity 1 max so you are not back on old 55/10mb    even you max attainable speed is currently only 68mb nowhere near the estimated 80/78mb

the quiet line test should be silent and any noise is a problem - apart from announcement

daglesj
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

I have the old ADSL V1.0 socket.  But I have a selection of replacements including a unused ADSLNation Pro one.

I'll try fitting one of those and restest.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 20 of 23

Hello Jason, 

Sorry to hear you're having broadband speed issues, I could take a look at your profile and line condition for you, I will just need you to private message me with your landline number. While I'm here, I would like to say that I suggest listening to the others in the forum and try using the Test socket on the master socket to test for any noise. Thanks

Jack

0 Ratings