Mesasaged with number thanks. Will try the master socket if I can drum up a filter from somewhere.
Okay the plan is to test out the following -
1. Will try and change the old ADSL V1.0 plate to another one I have and test.
2. I have a ADSLNation ADSL socket I can try too. There is a Openreach MK3 in my box but I'll leave that for now as that doesnt have a front plate. I don't use my landline anymore so it could work at a stretch.
3. Swap the Openreach VDSL modem for the spare I have and test.
4. Dig up a ADSL filter and try that in the test socket if available.
5. I can telnet into the Draytek and lower the SNR from 6 to say 4 or 3.
Will have to do these tonight as other half is using the internet during the day.
Will keep you posted. Been meaning to change the ADSL socket for a while but never got round to it.
I think JackE may have found the cause!
When I go on holiday I switch off all my network/router/modems etc. as a precuation and also to save the power.
Seems these drops for 1-3 weeks caused the system to switch my line over to 'stable' mode.
We shall see! Looks promising though. Plus might save me doing a load of tinkering tonight.
In future I'll leave the modem on.