cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epona222
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

I have been the most patient customer ever - now fix my internet!

The history of this goes back years, I've made other posts on this site about it over the years.

My internet (and sometimes my phone line with it) sporadically drops, for anything between 3 minutes to 12 hours at a time.

It came to a head the Thursday before last, I reported no phone line and no internet and fault tracker stated it had been fixed the next day - but it hadn't.

It was down for several hours again on Sunday, so reported it again, and were told it was fixed - it wasn't.

Reported it again on Monday and was told it would be fixed within 48 hours - an engineer finally came to our house on - I think Wednesday? and replaced the master socket, then told us the problem was due to our CAT5 cables (we have 2 computers, both cables were "allegedly"faulty), so I went out and replaced them.

Still having internet outages every day, we're back down to a few minutes at a time rather than 12 hours at a time.  But yesterday it was a few minutes at a time 12 times.  We can't stay connected to do anything.

This issue has been going on since BEFORE we got fibre, we were hoping that going fibre would fix it - so that's several years now.

I am beyond annoyed at this point, we've been putting up with bad connectivity and slow speeds (sometimes 1mbps on fibre) for 5 years now - please look into what on earth is wrong with my connection.

EDIT: Oh also your fault reporting doesn't seem to allow for "I've been told this fault was fixed but it isn't" - it's reported as a new fault each time, which just sends us back on the same old roundabout of "reported - fixed: reported - fixed"

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: I have been the most patient customer ever - now fix my internet!

as you know from your previous visits this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT.

can you post stats from your hub if you still have hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

from reading previous posts I note you have a hearing problem but it would help really help if you could get someone to check your phone line for noise as that is the most common problem of connection problems.  if they dial 17070 option 2 the line should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Epona222
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Thank you, it used to be that I could post here and get help to get a complaint or fault escalated.

The problem has now come to a head, both my phone line and internet have been down since Monday evening.  I wasn't getting useful status updates so raised a complaint today via the chat facility.

I have now received a text with the information that underground wiring needs to be replaced, and they "hope" to have my service reconnected by 30th August - that is a week from now - if it happens by that date.

Given that I have been regularly complaining of breaks in service and slow speed for several years now, and have repeatedly been fobbed off (the most recent long outage was in June, and I was told it was due to faulty CAT5 cables shorting the hub) and the faults been closed without any long term improvement in service, it should come as no surprise to anyone that there is something wrong with the cabling - I have been saying so for YEARS.

Is there any way to get my current fault expedited so that it can be repaired at a higher priority?  I am sick of being fobbed off, and now have NO phone or internet service at all.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hi @Epona222 Sorry that you have no phone or internet connection.

If underground cable needs replacing then it is unlikely we will be able to speed up the repair of your fault. We will be happy to provide any help we can to ensure you are kept updated with accurate information until your service is fixed if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 15

Your quickest route would be to report a no dial tone fault on 151 without mentioning broadband.

The mods here deal with all problems in a queing system and there is no way for you to jump the queue. Let's face it that would be unfair on others waiting for their  problems being resolved.

I suspect the last "engineer" was not from Openreach but from Cube who are the cheap version contracted by BT to check home wiring. If he said the ethernet cable was at fault the least he could do was to prove it. Makes you wonder why they don't carry a spare one they could charge for (or would that show they were clueless)?

Oooops loks like you have a mod interested, note it will take them about 3 days to get back once you submit your details but will stay with you all the way. They will do their best to get you sorted out.

0 Ratings
Epona222
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Hi,

I am not trying to jump a queue, I first reported a problem with my connection [b]a decade ago[/b] and have been dealing with slow speeds and intermittent lengthy outages since then.  I should be at the top of the queue given the length of time I have been paying for internet that is not on for more than a few hours at a time for years.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 15

Back in January 2016 you were asked to supply information, you said you'd do it later. We are still waiting.

As you never got back it was presumed your issue was resolved, had you answered the mods would have been involved then to attempt a resolution for you.

If you require help it will be freely given but if you just drop in with a complaint and don't give the required requested info then what do you expect?

Any requested info is for a reason and that is so you can be directed to the best way to get your problem resolved.

0 Ratings
Epona222
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Actually I have posts that pre-date that, I started posting about issues here a lot longer ago than that.

All I am usually asked is whether I have done a quiet line test, which I cannot do because I am deaf.  There needs to be some support for the hearing impaired who cannot answer that question.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

It is unfortunate that you are unable to do the quiet line test because you are deaf. I note that you mentioned this in a previous post. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Recently-getting-very-low-speeds-on-Infinity-2/m-p/15...

Could you not get your husband or a hearing person to assist you as it is an important first step in the diagnosis process.

0 Ratings
Epona222
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

It's as if everyone knows I made posts before, but no-one has read them - no I do not have a queue of people who can do a quiet line test for me.  I have mobility issues and am housebound as well as being deaf.  I don't have friends who live nearby and can come over when my internet has problems to check whether there is noise on the line.  I don't have friends full stop, because I have barely left the house in years.   I am lonely and housebound and deaf and rely on the internet pretty much for my entire social contact.

Which is why the prospect of it being out for at least another week is intolerable.

0 Ratings