cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epona222
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: I have been the most patient customer ever - now fix my internet!

This is all irrelevant at this point anyway, because I have NO phone or internet since Monday - the fault that has been plaguing my connection for years has finally decided to render the entire line dead - a quiet line test is not needed at this point, because I have no connection whatsoever, and BT have already said it is due to a fault in their cabling - it's just going to take a long time to get it fixed, which is going to leave me very isolated.

I am only able to post here by using a very limited data allowance, and have racked up over £60 in mobile phone bills just reporting the fault on the line over and over since June.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Hi @Epona222,

Thank you for sending in your details. I can see that an engineer has been out this morning and they have reported that the fault has been cleared. 

How are things with your service are both your telephone and Broadband back working again?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Epona222
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Thank you, yes an engineer called round to do a few more tests, and gave me a new (well, reconditioned) hub as the old one was having trouble maintaining a connection even though the fault had been cleared.

The reason for the fault is something that I am not too happy about, but I suspect no-one is actually able to do a lot about it in terms of a permanent fix - I have fttc, and the cabinet is a little way down the main road, so our copper wiring  runs down our little street and joins the services duct/tunnel (I am not sure whether that is the correct term, but the hole thing that runs under the road where pipes and cables go) under the main road.

In one place, next to the services tunnel is a drain.  Whenever we have heavy rain, or the drain otherwise gets blocked, the services duct fills with water.  Which is why I and my neighbours have intermittent problems.

Apparently when this happens, someone is sent out to pump water out of the services tunnel - but twice recently there has been a car parked over the manhole cover, so access could not be gained.

So that's not really great news in terms of long-term stability of services in this area - at least I know what is causing these ongoing outages.

0 Ratings
Epona222
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

OK since the last time I posted the internet has been down a few times - does that count as letting folks know that there is still an issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

does the phone still work when you have problems with internet connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings