cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

I'm super confused, please help

Okay, BT is a mess, really. I switched from Vodafone to them back a few months ago, but they kept on messing up my order and engineer visit. I was finally supposed to get fibre installed, but then corona hit, so they switch on shi*ty copper broadband for 3 months. Today an engineer showed up and installed the fibre router. Then he said, that they need to connect me, so that will be another 2 weeks... but they already installed the router? And the progress of my order doesn't show up any more steps after this one, I thought I'm getting fibre connection immediately after this visit? I still get 10mbps... 

Is it only me or is it like that to everyone...

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: I'm super confused, please help

as you are getting FTTP you need to phone 08005874787 and they should be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

I think you mean the engineer installed the ONT not a router.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Well maybe that, I'm not good with technology. Shouldn't fibre be set up by now then? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

try phoning the number as see if they can help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

What colour are each of the lights on the ONT?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

They're green, blinking green and green. He said BT should activate it in 2 weeks and they should call me to give me a date, but surely I thought he should conect in on arrival?

Can someone tell me if they had to wait for fibre connection after their ONT was installed?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

You are physically connected but your service isn't active until the PON LED is steady green.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

10mbps on copper? you should thank your lucky stars. I get 8.7 to the router on "Superslow" Fibre from BT which is continually dropping out i.e about 15 to 20 times per day. I too was with Vodafone and switched on 16th April thinking things simply couldn't be any worse. Hmm, looking at all the disgruntlement on this community blog I'm really not expecting a pleasant experience. I haven't reported yet because of all the red banners asking us not to call unless its urgent. I wonder when they'll come down. Best wishes and good luck getting your issues sorted. Who are those people who answer the posts? are they BT employees?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

No, I won't. I paid for fibre, not copper.

Can ANYONE tell me what their process with getting fibre looked like? Did they got fibre service straight after their engineer visit? 

There must be someone who can clearly answer that, please!

0 Ratings