cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HoverDonkey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

I've lost 10Mb off my speed in the last few weeks.

Go to solution

When I upgraded my Infinity to 75Mb I was achieving pretty much nominal bandwidth for several months.

Recently, thouggh, it has dropped from 75Mb to more like 64Mb - as can be seen from the image.

Nothing about my set-up at home has changed over this period, so I can only assume that some setting has changed at BT's end.

Is there any way this can be remedied, please? Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered.

speed.png

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
jamie1985
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: I've lost 10Mb off my speed in the last few weeks.

Go to solution

You can check your ip profile here by doing speedtest and clicking further diagnostics.

If your IP profile has been effected then it can take 2-3 weeks for DLM to recover your speeds.

HoverDonkey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Many thanks - the diagnostics reveal that my IP Profile is set at 65.68 Mbps, so it looks like something has affected it.

It's been at this reduced speed since just after Xmas, so it looks like DLM hasn't adjusted it back up. I can't understand this as there were absolutely no issues with my connection when I was getting my higher download rates, as I had these speeds for several months without issue.

Is there anything else I can try, please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
It looks as if your line has had noise problem and the DLM has reduced your IP profile to stabilise your connection unless this reduces you will not see any improvement. In speed
HoverDonkey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

I know that 64Mbps is still a good speed, but I can't help feeling I'm not realising my full potential on my line, especially considering that I was at 75Mbps for months prior to the speed reduction. I could understand it more if this was a few days into my connection being established, but it isn't.

OK - so I suppose there's nothing else I can do, such as resetting my IP Profile via BT and seeing if the speeds hold?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Bt retail cannot carry out an IP profile reset it has to be carried out by Openreach and this can only be requested by an engineers visit to your home and if any faults are located then the engineer can request a reset
0 Ratings
HoverDonkey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks again - I suppose if I request an engineer visit and no fault is found then I'll be billed for the visit?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
It is possible as the connection is within its operating spec eg above 15 Mb which is the minimum service speed
0 Ratings
HoverDonkey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Many thanks for your time - it's very much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Glad to help any time
0 Ratings