cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I want to go from G.Fast to VDSL connection.

Hi there

I've been having many problems lately with my G.Fast connection Openreach engineers have been out many times and have always been very helpful, each time seemingly finding a fault and repairing it.

I've tried everything suggested, including different smarthubs, even a third party modem, changed all wires etc, but the connection still drops frequently and they can't explain why.

I'm thinking of going back to a stable (at least for me ) VDSL 80/20 connection which  served me very well, but when i look on the website it only offers me what they think are upgrades, (no VDSL only G.Fast)  do i need to call them or is there a way to order it online without it being confused for an order for  second internet connection.

I am well out of contract for my G.Fast for information.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: I want to go from G.Fast to VDSL connection.

You'd have to call to talk about a downgrade, possibly need the sales support team for the regrade.
G.Fast is also fibre to the cabinet the same as Fibre 2 would be, speak to BT and see what your options are.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes, just call and talk to sales. 0800 800 150

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks pippincp and Richie for your replies. I will give them a call 🙂 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

They can’t stop you switching from G.Fast to VDSL.

On Fibre First Exchanges they can stop you from swapping back to a Metallic Patch Service from an FTTP Service though.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @ZooBurner and thanks for posting.

Please let us know how you get on with this. I'd be interested to know the outcome.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings