cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

INFINITY 2: Significant Drop in speed and my profile in recent days.

Go to solution

Could someone please help me. Here is the Helpdesk data and the results of Performance Test TAP3 which clearly shows my service is performing badly and that I should now raise a fault. ( btw please note the low dsl uptime is a result of my changing my username in order to implement the TAP 3 test. Thank-you.

Helpdesk.JPG

Helpdesk.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: INFINITY 2: Significant Drop in speed and my profile in recent days.

Go to solution

your profile is low because it is based on your connection speed so lower connection speed the lower the profile not the other way round

your noise margin at 11.8db is high as normal is about 6db and this is the cause of your lower than normal speed.  I understand the low connection time but are you having problems with hub dropping connection or have you been manually resetting trying to get speed back or a combination of both?

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

was btspeedtester done with wired connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks.

Quiet line test is silent

I've done the speedtest wired/un-wired. Virtually same results.

Yes I have re-set the HH a few times to try and improve my speed. No difference there.

As far as I know the HH has not been dropping coneections.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The manual resets have had the opposite effect to what you hoped for and increased your noise margin resulting in lower speed.  If your connection is now stable you need to maintain connection and DLM will start to reduce your noise margin down to normal 6db giving increases in speed. This may take a few weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
synchronicity
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks and duly noted!

(As with everyone it is remarkable how these drops in speed can happen so fast yet take weeks to remedy themselves!) Pity knowledgeable users do not have the option to reset their profiles manually.

0 Ratings