cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattlivermore
Contributor
Message 41 of 54

Re: 44 days and still no broadband, infinity, anything else

Also I remember after phoning up so many times and moaning, they set my "you will be activated" message on my online order checker to sometime in November! I think they just picked a date many many weeks away to stop me phoning up every day!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 54

@mattlivermore wrote:
I have to agree that as a communications company, they really do lack any extensive support from the call centres. The same scripts get read out to you over and over again.

I think it would be equally true to say that they lack support FOR the call centrees. That is, the rest of BT use the call centres as a reason to avoid being bothered by customers and the whole issue stems from there.  The job of the call centres is to fob off as many customers as possible and keep the technical queries down to a manageable level. 

In many way the whole call centre concept is a crock of poo, because you are dealing with people whose only job is to answer the phones and who know precious little about anything you could conceivably ask them.  I remember working in the early days of "help desks" when the concept had been identified as an ideal way to allow the technical people to get on with their jobs ( as opposed to having customers phoning them up and interrupting them all the time.)   Oh what fun !

0 Ratings
paradox
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 54

@lump wrote:

woohoo.. rejoined virgin media, got an installation date and its still before the one bt gave me to install btinfinity!!!!

After near 6 months and now realising my infinity speed is going to decay everytime there is an issue with my line a change to Virgin may be my next move (phone and broadband) if things do not get fixed or a shift to Talk Talk (perish the thought) Or Sky who looking at both of their forums actually seem to have some control over DLM or atleast communication with Openreach and can get it reset without having to send out an engineer.

Mind you i guess my problem which is so similar to many others posting on here pales in to complete insignificance compared to your issue and how you have been waiting a month and a half just to be even connected.

Good luck to you lump i hope you get a nice reliable connection from them 🙂 Ther is no excuse IMO the way you have been treated.

PS...

Did they actually bill you for the first month despite you having no service also???

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 54

I am similarly enraged and found that this "rant" from lump illuminating.

My issue is that I have got error 554 while sending out a mass mailout to my organisation using Outlook mail merge which, coincidentally, worked fine in April.  The overseas call centre were no help at all; they won't help with Outlook (a business application), I should change my password (again!?), goto www.bt.com/emailguides (Error 404) or www.bt.internet.com/emailsetup (deadend).  Another call to a heavily accented worker with a request to speak to an intelligible UK based technician resulted in "there are no UK based technicians".  Really??!  So I have an email app disabled by BT that thinks that I'm trying to SPAM my own organisation.  Oh, and the technician said yesterday that I should try sending my email in small batches.  Words fail me, WHAT is the point of technology if we're using cleft stick and runner methods?

Like you I think that Virgin maybe the answer before I get as wound up as you are which is entirely understandable.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 54

PS. I attended a seminar 6 years ago where the head of BT HR proudly announced that outsourcing their call centres overseas was a "huge success and achieved both savings and improved efficiency". Again - REALLY? And if we really are 'British Telecom' how is it the default language is American English?
0 Ratings
paradox
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 54

I refuse to phone them for any support which involves dealing with India and being spoken to as if i am stupid and told to do nothing but unplug and re-plug in equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 54

I share the frustration- the whole experience with BT has been shambolic and frustrating. They are an embarrassment of a company.

After a similar screw up and similar inability to process or do anything I emailed all the senior staff at BT and did get some action from Warren Buckley's office.

The process of customer service and the ludicrous idea that there is some dedicated and knowledgeable team or people willing to try and take responsibility is just a sham. It call goes to the anonymous Indian call centre. Who even when you get passed up the food chain are lucky to find someone who gets back and allows any continuity rather than endless repetition of problem and same lines from the script, even then they don't have the power to action anything. They all refuse responsibility as they have internal auditing and it is all allocated costs so nothing happens except the customer gets screwed.

So contact warren Buckley's office each and every time. As MD he presides over this massive con that is Infinity and demand his executive customer resolution team to action the case. It helps. A tiny bit. Not a lot but at least there is one person with a UK number.

0 Ratings
paradox
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 54

Sounds like very wise advice i will also now have to follow

0 Ratings
lump
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 54

I have returned from my holiday and thus can finally close this,

Virgin popped around as promised on the 30th at the time booked, installed everything and connected all devices. ipads, computer, tv, etc etc etc. Even the connection in my outside office (shed). 

I received an email from BT this morning stating that due to my case worker person being absent they were still trying to get a final bill payment statement to me (i have been promised no termination fee), I had to chuckle that even at termination BT still cannot just get on with it and do the job. To embellish a cliche, if I made this up you wouldnt believe me. 

The lesson learnt is to never ever join BT. The only smidgen of praise I will give is the btwifi, I could get a signal from my house if I stood on a chair at the upstairs window, or if I drove to town in my car (the local hub is starbucks aparently). 

Shocking, truly shocking and I'm so glad I decided to terminate the BT shambles, that even now is still going on. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 50 of 54

Good luck using your residential Virgin connection for business use.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings