cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Two_The_Temple
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

IP Profile / DLM

I was wondering if you could help me with my IP Profile issues.

Over the last 6 days my broadband speeds have dropped from 25-26mbps down to around 17mbps.

A fault was found on my line and resolved on Wednesday 24th January 2018 - but my broadband speed issue has not been resolved.

I spoke to a gentleman Paul at BT OpenReach who advised that I needed to contact BT again to have my DLM reset - but I spent 60+mins on the phone with BT and they didn't understand what an IP Profile was, never mind how to help reset it a DLM.

Currently my IP Profile shows as a Max Achievable Speed: 18.53mbps which would likely be the reason for by 17mbps speed test results via BT Wholesales tool.

Can anyone here help?

DSL Checker results are below also.Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 13.17.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 17.29.55.png

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: IP Profile / DLM

The engineer that fixed your fault should have requested a DLM reset at the time. In the absence of him doing that, you will unfortunately have to wait for DLM to automatically improve your speed. ISPs are not able to carry out DLM resets, only Openreach engineers after clearing a fault.

0 Ratings
Two_The_Temple
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Thanks. Do you know roughly how long it should take to reset? I have read mixed comments on the subject on these forums - some say 10 days, some say it has to be done manually and will not resolve itself automatically.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Its impossible to say how long, but could be weeks rather than days as long as the line remains stable. It is only if the line has been severely restricted by 'banding' that DLM sometimes appears to get stuck.

Don't be tempted to reset your hub to try to force it, that will only make matters worse.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 17

licquorice wrote:The engineer that fixed your fault should have requested a DLM reset at the time. In the absence of him doing that, you will unfortunately have to wait for DLM to automatically improve your speed. ISPs are not able to carry out DLM resets, only Openreach engineers after clearing a fault.

If it were a line engineer he would not be able to request a DLM reset.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

can you post stats from your router  if hh6 then go to advanced settings then technical log admin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Two_The_Temple
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Hi, I stopped using my HH6 back in December when I purchased a Netgear D7800. I found it would often restart in the middle of the night - so far, no issues with my Netgear but I did swap it out last week and the HH6 gave the same speeds.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

@pippincp wrote:

licquorice wrote:The engineer that fixed your fault should have requested a DLM reset at the time. In the absence of him doing that, you will unfortunately have to wait for DLM to automatically improve your speed. ISPs are not able to carry out DLM resets, only Openreach engineers after clearing a fault.

If it were a line engineer he would not be able to request a DLM reset.

True, which alll proves the Kafkaesque nature of DLM resets. Line engineer clears fault can't get DLM reset, broadband engineer attends subsequently no fault found, can't reset DLM. Crazy.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

then post some connection information from your netgear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

@Two_The_Temple If we can see the line stats we can compare with the speedtester results.

0 Ratings