cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

IP Profile / Speed on Infinity

New user and new exchange on BT Infinity. Paid up for the premium service and whilst upload is flying along at up to 24mb ..... download is sticking around the 43mb mark ( results below). Now according to BT, they guarantee a minimum speed of 47mb which we are definitely a bit shy of.

We are very close to the cabinet  ( within 100m ) and on brand new kit so i would have expected the download speeds to be higher, especially given how good upload is.

Using a Draytek 2860N but have also tested with the supplied BT Homehub and that actually syncs at a slightly slower speed.

As ever, any helpful input gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Patrick

Download speedachieved during the test was - 39.4 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-42.7 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for  your line is - 42.7 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 24.58Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

And from the Router 

Line 1 Information      (VDSL2 Firmware Version:  576D17_A/B/C   with Vectoring support )
  ProfileStateUP SpeedDown SpeedSNR UpstreamSNR Downstream
  17ASHOWTIME19,999 (Kbps)46,292 (Kbps)8 (dB)6 (dB)

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: IP Profile / Speed on Infinity

Hello @ubfester can you put your phone number into here and post the results. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com. Please remove your phone number before posting the results. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

VDSL Range A (Clean)77.355201848.3AvailableAvailable-- 
VDSL Range B (Impacted)66.940.42012.335AvailableAvailable-- 
FTTP on Demand33030--Available---- 
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 6--5 to 7Available--Yes 
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 6Up to 15 to 7Available--Yes 
ADSL MaxUp to 3--2 to 4Available---- 
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available--Yes 
Fixed Rate2----Available---- 
VDSL Multicast------Available---- 
ADSL Multicast------Available---- 
Bridge TapU      
VRIN      
NTEFaceplateN      
Last Test Date15-08-2018
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 16

What's the max attainable rate given by the router?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

have you tried connecting to the test socket with a filter - even if you have a fitered master socket - to see if that improves your connection speed and also attainable speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Router is saying 45,000 ... But I'm not sure if that's a real number or an exchange set restriction.

No test socket here - straight face plate. I ripped out all the old star wiring last year when resolving awful ADSL speeds.

The test above suggests higher speed should be attainable?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

And just for reference, the BT supplied thing syncs at 40,000 on download and speedtests around 38mb. So it's definitely not an issue with the Draytek.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

there is no restriction set on max attainable so from dslchecker estimate I would expect attainable to be within range - unless you hav e poor quality line or a problem

as you cannot get estimated speed then you need to get engineer - just a pity you do not have a test socket to be certain problem not something internal  phone 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

There is no internal phone, the socket literally has the two wires coming from the incomng line connected to it. The issue i had ( and still have ) is that the lines run through the trees ( not ours, the belong to the Paris Council ) and i think the insulation on the wires has been erroded. The pole it all connects to is also right next to an old tree which had grown around it and is now falling apart around it.

tbh given that the upload is ridiculously good - i might have anothe dig around the internal socket and check again that contact is good.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

try quiet line test  dial 170740 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone  this is the first basic test for your line and any noise is a problem and needs reported to 151

0 Ratings