cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

IP Profile low after faults last week

Hi good folk,

I apologise for not knowing all the acronyms, I have been reading a lot on here before posting so I'll try 😉

I have had BT FTTC for some years and it's 80/20. When first setup my download speeds were mid to high sixties.

Since mid January 2021 I have had a complete loss of broadband fault and a noisy voice line fault (both now fixed).

Due to my downloads now hovering around 50MBps I went to the Mouselike.org and saw my IP Profile is set to 56.99

I then went to broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com and see my hardback thresholds are 65/62..

I know I might have to wait for a week or something for the line to 'settle' but as I understand I'll never achieve higher than my IP Profile 'cap' my question is (please);

Will my IP Profile raise itself or does it need resetting by someone somewhere?

I'd be grateful for advice otherwise I'll be checking every week and never getting anywhere if I should have asked for a Profile Reset 'somehow'..

Obliged for replies

--
Just trying to earn a living....
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: IP Profile low after faults last week

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

your profile is based on your connection speed so if your connection speed can recover then your profile will increase.  it is the speed that decides the profile not the other way round

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Thanks do much 

Sadly I'm going to struggle there;

I have the ECI version of the BT Openreach ECI Fibre Modem which I gather won't give-up that data 😞

17070 Option 2 done on corded POT - total silence.

I went to 'https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL' and 'did the do'. I have a screenshot (phone number removed) will that suffice or is it a 'data dump' that's needed? (I see I can insert images? sorry)

This from you is very encouraging, "it is the speed that decides the profile not the other way round" Thanks!

(Thumbs-up done)

--
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)

Downstream Handback 

Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High

Low

High

Low

VDSL Range A (Clean)

Available

Available

--

VDSL Range B (Impacted)

Available

Available

--

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range (Mbps)

Availability Date

FTTP Install Process

FTTP on Demand

--

Available

--

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate (Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

ADSL Availability Date

WBC SOADSL Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+

Up to 3

--

1.5 to 5.5

Available

Available

--

WBC ADSL2+ Annex M

Up to 3

Up to 0.5

1.5 to 5.5

Available

Available

--

ADSL Max

Up to 2

--

1.5 to 4.5

Available

Available

--

WBC Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

Available

--

Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

--

--

Observed Speeds

VDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed

Max Observed Upstream Speed

Observed Date

2021-01-30

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast

Available

ADSL Multicast

Available

Premise Environment

Status

Bridge Tap

N

VRI

N

NTE FacePlate

N

Last Test Date

14-01-2021

Exchange Product Restrictions

Status

FTTP Priority Exchange

N

WLR Withdrawal

N

SOADSL Restriction

Y

--
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 23.48.25.jpg

--
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

from the checker results you have a 58.5mb down connection speed and 20mb up speed which should be enough for working from home  all the line problems you have had have resulted in the DLM taking action to try an stabilies tour connection by increasing your noise margin resulting in lower speed.  unfortunately as you are using a modem then unless that is unlocked you are are unable to provide the normal meaningful stats

you need to try and maintain a stable connection with no resets or drops in connection and then DLM will start to lower noise margin and increase speed but could take a few weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 7

Many thanks 

"..which should be enough for working from home..." is really another discussion not best served here.

I shall research whether I can unlock the firmware of the ECI version of the modem.

For now then I am grateful to you for explaining the IP Profile will return to a higher level automatically and there is no gainful action I can take and I should see it at a higher level than the downstream handback threshold if all goes well.

Thank you

--
0 Ratings