cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

IPProfile low for sync speed after 3dB SNRM target change

Hi, hopefully a mod can look into this. IPProfile has not increased as much as it should of after my line resynced to enable a 3dB SNRM target. (Clicky)

Synced at 79999 but after rebooting the router IPProfile is at 74.1 instead of about 77.35.

Max:       Upstream rate = 22235 Kbps, Downstream rate = 81040 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps
Line Status: No Defect
          Down        Up
SNR (dB): 3.4         7.0

2017-06-14_144903.png

Thanks.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: IPProfile low for sync speed after 3dB SNRM target change

Someone has posted something similar or another forum which is used by some quite nerdy folk and no one seems to have got to the bottom of it yet.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 19

Your IP Profile looks about right at 92% of your downstream speed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

Webby, that was probably me 🙂 and yes I seem to be the only one with this issue so hopefully it will get picked up and looked into.

It used to be possible to message a moderator directly but I don't see a way to do it now. Is that not possible anymore?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

See link about contacting the moderators

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/m-p/931648...

Out of interest, if you were to get 3Mbps more that you think you should get, what would you be doing with it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 19

Thanks!

@gg30340 wrote:
Out of interest, if you were to get 3Mbps more that you think you should get, what would you be doing with it!

This is more about avoiding DLM unleashing hell should the IPProfile suddenly decide to correct itself down the road rather than gaining a few Mb. And reporting a potential issue with a service change that is under trial. The line is currently giving false readings regarding error rates ect because it's effectively artificially running bellow where it should be. If it is indeed an issue and not now the intended behaviour which, based on historical facts, I'm pretty sure it's not then they are now aware of it and I've potentially avoided the wrath of DLM. I hope that has satisfied your interest!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 19

When did your profile change to 3db? Mine started last week and slowly my IP profile has risen, so I think it just takes time for the DLM to raise the IP profile

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

DLM has nothing to do with the IP profile.

It's set by the BT Wholesale radius server after it gets the information on your sync speed from the cab before you log in and sets the IP profile accordingly. Not all ISP's use the IP profile system like BT Wholesale do.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

Found this, which rings a bell.

"If you are on a Retransmission High profile, then the IP Profile is a lower percentage of the sync speed, by design. Actually the GEA test will report a lower speed than the "sync speed", and the IP profile will be 96.8% of the lower speed, but again, I think this is by design, and not a problem with the system".

In your case, it's likely the drop to 3db has increased errors so you're likely on "retransmission high".
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 19

I believe that "retransmission high" has already been ruled out on another forum 😉

This is not like you Webby to be off your game #WeWantWebbyBack 😄 😄 😄

0 Ratings