cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: IPProfile low for sync speed after 3dB SNRM target change

Well, until we have official word from Openreach/Wholesale, the inner workings will remain shrouded in mystery 😉
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 19

Hi Webby,

I'm still running with a 3.4 to 3.6 downstream noise margin giving an IP Profile of 92% of downstream speed.

Until recently I was still getting resyncs anywhere from 2 per day to every 3 days.  Am currently running without a resync for 11 days.

Throughout this time my donwload speed has been every bit as good, if not better than, it was when I was on a 6 noise margin.

Current stats are :-

Firmware version:

SG4B10002244

Firmware updated:

23-Dec-2016

-

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

11 Days, 21 Hours 26 Minutes 27 Seconds

Data rate:

6.84 kbps / 37.91 kbps

Maximum data rate:

6836 / 37212

Noise margin:

6.1 / 3.1

Line attenuation:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

To be clear still waiting for this to be picked up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

What picked up? There doesn't seem to be a fault.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

Why do you think that and how can you confirm it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 19

The question is, why do you think it's a fault?

Other people have commented saying their IP profile is the same ratio as yours when on a 3db profile.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 19

No webby the question is why am I getting users opinions instead of help from my ISP, who I specificly addressed in the opening post. It is only them who can resolve this by confirming or denying a fault and giving a reason for it.

I already stated why I suspect an issue in my opening post and knowone has said theirs is the same. Even if they can demonstrate they are seeing the same behaviour it doesn't rule out a fault or explain the reason for the change in behaviour. IF this is now the intended behaviour I would like to know why. Only BT can check and answer that.

Dropping from a 6dB margin to 3dB has resulted in throughput 5Mb lower than a line with the same sync speed but on a 6dB target.

I appreciate the mods are busy so will wait but this should be a quick and easy one for them to reoslve.

For the record, and this is feedback for BT. It's a crying shame that it's no longer an option to email the mods directly, it's now just as frustrating to get help here as it is through the call centre. That's a big negative for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 19

The question should be: Is your download speed now higher since being on a 3db target?

If the answer is yes then you should be happy you now have an increase in speed, if on the otherhand it's now lower then you have a reason to complain.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings