cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

IPv6 prefix not provided on new FTTP

Go to solution

Hello

I have just taken delivery of a new FTTP. The blue light of the Smarthub2 (since yesterday)is on and I have IPv4 access to the internet, etc. But I do not have IPv6 enabled.; no IPv6 prefix. Without IPv6 I cannot access the servers I need to and will cancel the order. Does BT provide an IPv6 prefix on FTTP? On the hub, ipv6 network set to off.  I tried to register a fault o the helpdesk but the advisor was unable to help me- the advise she received internally was ambiguous suggesting this is not part of the service setup. Really!!

How should I register this as a fault?

Urgent please as I am still within my 2 week cancellation period and will revert back to the previous copper where IPv6 works.

Thank you

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: IPv6 prefix not provided on new FTTP

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, IPv6 is enabled universally by BT but I will flag this to the mods for clarification.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @martin762green,

Thank you for posting. What @licquorice has posted is correct, IPv6 should have been enabled universally.

If you send me your details, I'll be able to get this investigated. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Many thanks, and private message postred

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @martin762green 

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this evening.

I have replied to your private message as we agreed.  You'll hear from me again next week.

Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
cheers, Martin
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Just a quick update to the community. A working week has gone by and the fault (preventing a Global/public  IPv6 suffix/ IP address to my  Hub,  on a new FTTP has not been fixed. I have confidence that Robbie is doing his best to get it fixed but is there progress?

Meanwhile NO remote access to my IPv6 only devices!

Martin

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @martin762green,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry this hasn't been fixed. I can see that @RobbieMac is dealing with your case and he is chasing an update with the Network team.

Robbie will be back in touch as soon as he has an update. 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @martin762green 

Thank you for bearing with me until I got your IPv6 connectivity issue sorted.

The problem was caused by an incorrect network setting when your broadband circuit was built.  I am pleased that the changes my colleagues made have gave you IPv6 connectivity now on your Full Fibre service.

As this is sorted I've went ahead and closed your complaint - as agreed.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Just to confirm what Robbie has said. The fault has been fixed and I would like to publicly thank him for following up and escalating until resolution.  Your efforts are much appreciated.

It is just a shame that the Networks team did not fully check the build configuration at the start, instead of going off in at least 2 blind alleys of unnecessary time and effort.

As an aside BT should seriously consider training its call centre staff the difference between IPv4 (legacy) and IPv6 (new-ish)  public addressing and immediately treat its reported absence as a fault. This will come back to bite  when public IPv4 addressing is switched off or restricted by some of the big players.

Thank you again, Robbie

Martin