Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TachyonMage
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

ISSUE: Infinity Speed Down after power failure & line issue

Please help ...

I used to have no issues with the service, then I had a powerfailure which resulted and a no-ringtone on my line, but Infinity still worked but sloooow ... other than this nothing changed on my side.

BEFORE: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2233255597.png

AFTER: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2452241498.png

The line is now fixed for more than a week, Infinity speeds went down from 38down/8up to 7down/7up from before the problem.

I have done all the restarts and line disconnects as suggested but no change.

What is the best way forward, anybody have access to check out my infinity profile is still set right (option 2) or any other suggestions.

I would even settle for the best way to report this to BT with highest changes of success Smiley Happy

Thanks a lot in advance ...

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: ISSUE: Infinity Speed Down after power failure & line issue

Hi

The reason your speed has dropped is because of a noise issue this has caused the DLM to reduce your IP profile to stabilise the line all you need to do is leave the connection alone for up to 2 weeks and once the DLM see the line as stable again it should start to rise again
TachyonMage
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I will be patient and wait some more, but to be honest I suspect it is something else.

If I recall correctly, it started being slow last year already (before the phone problems) it is just even worse now after the phone have been fixed.

I will give it until end of month or so and come back to this thread.

Thanks in the meantime, I did do a rating star just in case you are correct Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Give it 2 weeks, if you don't see an improvement by then get in touch with the mods, they will help you out and keep you informed.

It is pointless contacting them before the 2 week period.

0 Ratings