cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oakserver
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

If I upgrade to G.Fast might my upload speed be lower than Superfast2?

I notice from DSL checker that the upload speed on my line for Gfast would be between 25.5 and 10 mbps.

I currently enjoy superfast 2 upload speed of nearly 20mbps  but wouldnt want to pay extra for G.fast only to find I might end up with a lower speed than VDSL.

Has anyone experienced a degrade of upload speed when moving to Gfast yet - just trying to gauge the likelihood of this occuring. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: If I upgrade to G.Fast might my upload speed be lower than Superfast2?

As upload speed seems to be your thing is the possibility of 5mbps worth it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@oakserver wrote:

Has anyone experienced a degrade of upload speed when moving to Gfast yet - just trying to gauge the likelihood of this occuring. 

Thanks

Every line is unique, there is no way of comparing the experience of others to your own situation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
oakserver
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

The possibility of a 186 downstream and 25 upload is appealing for an additional £15 per month.

But the possibility of a 186  downstream and a 10 upload would be be a disaster as a remote homeworker and 3 heavy gamers and youtubers in the house.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@oakserver wrote:

The possibility of a 186 downstream and 25 upload is appealing for an additional £15 per month.

But the possibility of a 186  downstream and a 10 upload would be be a disaster as a remote homeworker and 3 heavy gamers and youtubers in the house.

In that case stay as you are.

0 Ratings