cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

If you are a current Infinity 3 Customer on FTTP, (200mb) Is there a downside moving to Ultrafast 2?

As above basically

If i understand this correctly:

Infinity 3 is 200mbs FTTP only

Infinity 4 is 300mb FTTP only

Ultrafsat 1 + 2 work over copper

But if you have FTTP, you will just get ULtrafast 1 and 2 over FTTP?

Obviously i'm interested in Ultrafast 2 because its 120mb faster than infinity 3 and essentially cheaper?

I'm just checking i'm not missing something..

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: If you are a current Infinity 3 Customer on FTTP, (200mb) Is there a downside moving to Ultrafas

Having just checked an address which has fttp the new deals are for standard infinity and Ultrafast - there is no Infinity 1 or 2. Based on this when your current contract expires and you want to recontract then you can opt for the Ultrafast products with the max 330 down. I think you need to make sure that you ask for ultrafast and not "fibre" because the fibre is shown as a 300 down product on the website when you check the speed details.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: If you are a current Infinity 3 Customer on FTTP, (200mb) Is there a downside moving to Ultrafas

Do you mean no Infinity 3 and 4?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 4

Infinity doesn't exist as a product now. There are 2 products, Superfast and Ultrafast.

Ultrafast covers the 2 speeds greater than 80Mb and can be supplied via either FTTP or G.Fast.

Superfast can be suppied via FTTP, Im not sure about G.Fast. If you can get G.Fast then the "ordinary"  FTTC product would give you top speed anyway.

0 Ratings