cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johncas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Im on an exchange only line how long dose it take to get infinity

Contacted superfast Leicestershire who said in an email to me Thurnby cabinet 25 will serve postcode LE52GN. Openreach have confirmed that they expect cabinet 25 to be complete by the end of September 2017 October now and not seen any new cabinets go in in the area no work arround the exchange and the BT openreach website says

In Scope

You're in a plan to get Superfast fibre but we haven't started work yet.

It'll be built either as part of our fibre programme or through a partnership with your local authority

You still have the design and field survey

So how long dose it take to build a cabinet and do I take it the guy from superfast Leicestershire has givin me wrong infomation

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Im on an exchange only line how long dose it take to get infinity

Superfast Leicestershire are the best ones to ask about this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

EO rearrangements are often complex tasks. Any dates given are targets, there are so many things that can cause delays that you wouldn’t believe.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Im Exchange only line and so far its taken about a year since first finding out that my Area was in the plans for FTTP. The works themselves have taken place at various stages within the last 4-5 months and i was enable to purchase FTTP about 3 weeks ago.

However........... The Exchange is at capacity and so my order is still in progress with no dates to offer (have to wait until the 10th for next update as to weather there will be added capacity). However this may nto happen at your exchange

Hope this helps

(EDIT) - sorry i just realised your on for cabonet as opposed to straight to the Exchange - i assmumed most of the EOL's would be FTTP but i suppose if your on an estate its more financially viable to build a cabinet.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 6

@Winstonedd wrote:

Im Exchange only line and so far its taken about a year since first finding out that my Area was in the plans for FTTP. The works themselves have taken place at various stages within the last 4-5 months and i was enable to purchase FTTP about 3 weeks ago.

However........... The Exchange is at capacity and so my order is still in progress with no dates to offer (have to wait until the 10th for next update as to weather there will be added capacity). However this may nto happen at your exchange

Hope this helps

Chalk and cheese. You are comparing 2 different products. The OP will be gettting an FTTC product.

0 Ratings
Winstonedd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi Pippincp,

please notice the edited comment at the bottom of the same post, i had already highlighted this

cheers

0 Ratings