cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Impossible to Raise FTTP Faults

Hi all, 

I am honestly losing my mind and hoping that someone can help, or at least tell me that I am not the only one...

A few months ago, my BT 36mb FTTP deal came to an end, so I called the sales teams and with it no longer being offered, I chose the next available package which was the Fibre One pack so I should now get 50mb.   Since the "upgrade" we've noticed slowness on the line regularly to the point where I crash out of online games quite frequently with loss of connection. Nothing has changed in terms of my usage as I am playing the same games etc, I should just have a more stable connection with higher guaranteed and maximum speeds. 

I have been trying to raise a case with BT for weeks now and I am getting nowhere. All I want to know is 1) is there a problem on the line as some speed tests are coming up below the guaranteed speeds. 2) I would like to see my utilization stats for the last few weeks - maybe 50mb is just not sufficient and I need to upgrade, but I really don't want to pay extra for the sake of it. I really don't want to pay extra to a company that don't make it e

I have been using the online chat who can't deal with my fault as its FTTP that they have no access to.    I have tried to raise a fault online, but it tells me to call 0800800150. If I speak to faults here, they can't help and have to transfer me to FTTP - the call rings for an hour and then cuts off every time.    I am on the phone to 08005874787 and this is not getting answered at all either.    I have tried to raise a complaint to BT saying that this is unacceptable to have spent over 10 hours on the phone just trying to reach someone to raise my fault, however I have to call the same numbers to raise the fault and I can't reach the team to complain to. 

I have asked for a call back from someone but I am told that this is not possible as they are inbound call desks and nothing can be raised to a manager.  

Honestly, I am baffled - I work in the industry and in the customer service space and I would have no customers if I treated them like this.   I can't move anywhere else either as BT have monopolized my estate and no other providers are able to provide broadband to me. 

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated! 

Cheers

Lewis

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Impossible to Raise FTTP Faults

if you have FTTP then number to call with a fault is the one you have  08005874787

BT retail do not have a monopoly and when you contract ends you are free to select which ISP you want who provides FTTP to your address

do you have this ONT

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@imjolly - thanks for the quick reply. 

This was one of the numbers that I was using and had spent hours on hold just waiting to get through to someone. I did finally speak to someone today after 58 minutes on hold and we'll see whether their configuration change will make a difference. 

In terms of the monopoly point, this was a new build estate and I was informed when looking around that BT had not allowed other providers access to the cabinets, and therefore only BT were able to provide internet to the whole development. 

My ONT is bigger than the one in your image, its around 7x4 inches, but similar design etc. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

BT cannot stop any other ISP access to the cabinets. FTTP doesn't come from a cabinet though.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Sometimes it is difficult for people to realise that Openreach are not BT. Openreach are a commercial business unit that do not deal with end users like us, but they do provide the wires in the ground and on the poles that are use by most other providers. BT, PlusNet, Talk-Talk- Sky etc. BT have to wait and deal with Openreach challenges in the same way as Sky, Talk-talk etc. which can be frustrating to us all

0 Ratings