Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

In no mans land.... FTTC

Go to solution

Last Saturday i had an openreach engineer come to my house to check on my line (been having problems). To cut a long story short I've always had an EO line (500m from exchange) and decent b/band (15mb) but wanted fibre. my neighbour was connected to the local cabinet (200m) and was getting 80mb FTTC. I mentioned this to the engineers and anyway 5 hours later he had managed to re-route my EO line into the local FTTC cabinet. He said there was plenty of capacity and that i would now be able to order  FTTC. Unfortunatly BT sales go by the database they have and are telling me i can't order fibre.... so im in no mans land where OR Engineers has done all the leg work and connected me to the FTTC Cabinet but BT are not able to sell fibre to me due to a database issue?  any advice would be gratefully received. thanks

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: In no mans land.... FTTC

Go to solution

@Archie1971 

Is your BT ADSL speed the same, as I cannot see how Openreach could have intercepted an EO cable pair from the exchange, and routed it via a cabinet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

If the engineer has managed to pull off a miracle for you then you have to wait for Openreach to update their database. In normal circumstances this would be done on the following Friday but has been known to take longer.

You can check yourself to see if the database has been updated by entering your phone number HERE.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

can you post your current hub stats

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

I was interested to read you comment.

We had a cabinet installed in March this year Cabinet Number 3 in Wittersham, Kent which is about 150 yards from my house. I thought great finally my 5MB download speed would disappear and I would have a decent speed that I am paying £30 a month for with Sky.

But no, it seems that BT just installed the cabinet and then connected NO ONE to it.

Our road is really quiet with maybe around 10 houses altogether we are in an green belt area so no new housing will be built here.

So why install a new cabinet and then not connect anyone to it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

@markmottershead wrote:

I was interested to read you comment.

We had a cabinet installed in March this year Cabinet Number 3 in Wittersham, Kent which is about 150 yards from my house. I thought great finally my 5MB download speed would disappear and I would have a decent speed that I am paying £30 a month for with Sky.

But no, it seems that BT just installed the cabinet and then connected NO ONE to it.

Our road is really quiet with maybe around 10 houses altogether we are in an green belt area so no new housing will be built here.

So why install a new cabinet and then not connect anyone to it?

It could be that the timing for migration to the new cab is still being agreed between all the different providers.

On checking further it looks like it is in use.

2019-11-11 19_06_58-CodeLook.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

As a current SKY customer there nothing anyone here can help you with as the new cabinet is openreach not BT and activation date is also controlled by openreach and when available will be available to SKY at same time as BT and all other ISPs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

As said already providing the Engineer has updated the CSS Routing Records of your line, CSS is the name of a Computing System they use then the BT Wholesale System will automatically update itself on Fridays but it can take up to 6 weeks for said update to be applied.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

Thanks for your responses - i shall wait and see until this Friday and then call them up again.  I know for a fact my line is now on Cabinet 33 and not EO as the DSlchecker by openreach states it.  I also saw him carry out the work so lets hope "miracles" do happen. thanks again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

Hi

Could you tell me how I can look at the same information you have displayed for cabinet P3 please?

Thank You.

0 Ratings