cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Inconsistent / poor FTTC (Infinity) performance Alresford SO24

Morning all.

So after 3 weeks of inconsistent performance I have decided to post and see if there is a wider issue / get BT to investigate. (Phone lines are busy it would appear!)

I have worked from home since 2018 and until about 3 weeks ago I have never had performance issues from here. Obviously in March my wife also started WFH with one child also home schooling on a laptop,  the other child Netflix/iPlayer/Disney+ consistently and there were no bandwidth / performance issue at all.

This morning I captured the line performance via the BT Wholesale tool during one of the worse performance phases. (see screenshot). Normally sat at my desk over the last 2 years, I would regularly test at around 11ms ping, 22mbps download and 4 mbps upload. Over the last three weeks, performance has been bouncing between the two extremes which with 2 home offices and two children home schooling, streaming, gaming etc is not good (to put it mildly).

Interested to know if anybody else locally with the same issue but more importantly (given the busy phone lines) a response from BT support would be appreciated.

Oh and before you ask:

• rebooted / reset router (Smart Hub v1)
  • WiFi & LAN tested

Thanks.

BT test.jpg

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Inconsistent / poor FTTC (Infinity) performance Alresford SO24

as it says when you join the forum this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

did you check using 'HELP' at top of page and then check service in your area just in case it is not just you

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Hi.

Already checked the service status in the area - no issues.

Line test is completely silent. The stats page & checker return data are below.

Thanks

broadnand checker.jpgBT stats.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

UPDATE:

Having spoken to BT on Wednesday for over an hour, a very helpful / understanding customer service tech (Gary in Stockport) managed to capture the error from BT's side (which is extremely helpful) showing my transfer rates dropping right off to under 1mbps.

BT (Halo) backup has been activated but unfortunately the service for BT sims here is not good enough for the mini-hub to work effectively...

A new BT Smart Hub 2 also arrived as they couldn't rule out a hub fault. This is now installed but unfortunately the issue still occurs.

BT Openreach engineer is coming on premise next Friday so we will see what happens.

0 Ratings