Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Demonically
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Incorrect IP Profile

Morning, 

I've being having issue with my broadband ever since installation, namely my neighbours get 31mb, and I got 19mb, they are all equidistant from the cabinet at around 800m away. I complained about this and its with the ombudsman at the moment due to a failed install.  

On install, 3rd party engineer connected me to a 40/10mb circuit, Engineer did a line check from the extension socket, plus the loft is unboarded so he should have not done the install and should have put in a new line down the outside of the house to the ground floor.

Anyhow, post install line was stable and connection rate has been around 24,000 max on download, upload has been 6,000 consistently.   These are connection speeds so max download has been 19 meg and upload is fine at 6mb.  Given my neighbours get far higher this has raised eyebrows with me!

3 days ago had a short circuit so power went on and off, as predicted the DLM kicked in, reducing my connection down to 18,000 from 24,000.   Ip profile with 24,000 was 19.75mb down, ip profile on 18000 is now 15.86, though strangely today is showing a profile of 10mb, yet I can get download speeds of around 15mb.  

I spoke to helpdesk, and because the speed is within acceptable ranges they are reluctant to do anything.  

Router stats currently beneath:

Product nameBT Smart Hub 2
Serial number1841097273
Firmware versionv0.15.00.06145-BT (Fri Jun 14 17:01:31 2019)
Board versionR01
GUI version1.56 15_02_2019
DSL uptime1 days 2 Hours 58 Mins 47 Secs
Data rate6.0 Mbps / 18.0 Mbps
Maximum Data rate6.1 Mbps / 25.8 Mbps
Noise margin6.2/11.2
Line attenuation12.0/27.1
Signal attenuation12.0/31.9
VLAN id101
Upstream error controlOff
Downstream error controlOff
Data sent / received132.3 MB Uploaded / 1.0 GB Downloaded
Broadband usernamebthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-FiActive
2.4 GHz wireless network nameBT-C5A6PJ
2.4 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel1)
5 GHz wireless network nameBT-C5A6PJ
5 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel36)
Wireless SecurityWPA2 (Recommanded)
Wireless modeMode 1
FirewallOn
MAC address44:FE:3B:12:E6:1B
Software variant-
Boot loader 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

Ip profile checker shows this:

FAQ

1. Downstream Test: 

-provides background information.

Download Speed
 10.24 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speed

achieved during the test was - 10.24 Mbps
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 10 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed
 6.82 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed

achieved during the test was - 6.82Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

Questions:  My  download noise margin was around 6.2 to 6.5 when I was synching at 24,000 now its higher with a lower speed, why?

How can i can have my line reset?  

For info:  I've tested from master socket, no change and am connected via cat5e to the hub directly.  Doing a quiet line test on 17070 option 2 gives me a crystal clear line with no noise.

I'd welcome some help as, until county broadband install fttp next year i'm stuck with a superfast product with slow non superfast speeds!!

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Incorrect IP Profile

Just leave things in a stable condition, and DLM will do its stuff and increase your speed. Be patient and do not be tempted to restart your hub as this will make things worse.

0 Ratings
Demonically
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Whats an acceptable wait time then?

The help checker is saying there may be a fault on the line also.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

You need to think in terms of several days possibly running into weeks. If there is a fault on the line, that needs to be cleared first.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Demonicallywrote:

Morning, 

I've being having issue with my broadband ever since installation, namely my neighbours get 31mb, and I got 19mb, they are all equidistant from the cabinet at around 800m away. I complained about this and its with the ombudsman at the moment due to a failed install.  

On install, 3rd party engineer connected me to a 40/10mb circuit, Engineer did a line check from the extension socket, plus the loft is unboarded so he should have not done the install and should have put in a new line down the outside of the house to the ground floor.

Anyhow, post install line was stable and connection rate has been around 24,000 max on download, upload has been 6,000 consistently.   These are connection speeds so max download has been 19 meg and upload is fine at 6mb.  Given my neighbours get far higher this has raised eyebrows with me!

3 days ago had a short circuit so power went on and off, as predicted the DLM kicked in, reducing my connection down to 18,000 from 24,000.   Ip profile with 24,000 was 19.75mb down, ip profile on 18000 is now 15.86, though strangely today is showing a profile of 10mb, yet I can get download speeds of around 15mb.  

I spoke to helpdesk, and because the speed is within acceptable ranges they are reluctant to do anything.  

Router stats currently beneath:

Product nameBT Smart Hub 2
Serial number1841097273
Firmware versionv0.15.00.06145-BT (Fri Jun 14 17:01:31 2019)
Board versionR01
GUI version1.56 15_02_2019
DSL uptime1 days 2 Hours 58 Mins 47 Secs
Data rate6.0 Mbps / 18.0 Mbps
Maximum Data rate6.1 Mbps / 25.8 Mbps
Noise margin6.2/11.2
Line attenuation12.0/27.1
Signal attenuation12.0/31.9
VLAN id101
Upstream error controlOff
Downstream error controlOff
Data sent / received132.3 MB Uploaded / 1.0 GB Downloaded
Broadband usernamebthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-FiActive
2.4 GHz wireless network nameBT-C5A6PJ
2.4 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel1)
5 GHz wireless network nameBT-C5A6PJ
5 GHz wireless channelSmart (Channel36)
Wireless SecurityWPA2 (Recommanded)
Wireless modeMode 1
FirewallOn
MAC address44:FE:3B:12:E6:1B
Software variant-
Boot loader 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

Ip profile checker shows this:

FAQ

1. Downstream Test: 

Download Speed
 10.24 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speed

achieved during the test was - 10.24 Mbps
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 10 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: 

Upload Speed
 6.82 Mbps

0 Mbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed

achieved during the test was - 6.82Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

Questions:  My  download noise margin was around 6.2 to 6.5 when I was synching at 24,000 now its higher with a lower speed, why?

How can i can have my line reset?  

For info:  I've tested from master socket, no change and am connected via cat5e to the hub directly.  Doing a quiet line test on 17070 option 2 gives me a crystal clear line with no noise.

I'd welcome some help as, until county broadband install fttp next year i'm stuck with a superfast product with slow non superfast speeds!!

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi @Demonically ,

That speed test result looks dodgy to me with a down & up IP Profile both at 10Mbps.  I get that quite frequently.  I would suggest you rune the test again.

0 Ratings