So it's Monday evening and no callback from level 2, I initiated another chat session with the frstline via the BT 'contact us' section, and was passed over to a gentleman within the level 2 department.
After apologising for the non-callback we go into the meat of the problem. It appears that sometime between Wednesday last week and today the fault was officially cleared as fixed. This information was not news to me as I had checked the status of the fault on the BT site last week and found that on Friday it was telling me that the fault had been fixed and would I like to confirm.
However, the issues are still continuing and there have been multiple line failures over the weekend and today, accordingly the speed of the connection has fluctuated, but the one constant is the latency which remains the same.
I must say that I find it a little annoying that somewhere someone has been able to set a ticket as resolved without checking the conditions and also without updating me the customer, firstly to inform that the issue was 'resolved' and whether in fact it has been resolved.
It seems to be the case the whoever was assigned the incident just cleared the ticket last week to prevent their SLA from being breached.
The customer service that BT is exhibiting is awful.
So after speaking with the level 2 people it appears there's now a 'major outage' at the exchange and complete loss of infinity service.
Received another call from BT yesterday evening.
I could hardly understand the gentleman who called due to the line sounding like he was calling me from Proxima Centuri, anyway from what I gathered the problem was still there (as I already knew) and there was a 'technical issue' with the Exchange.
Following a 'major outage' lasting from Tues evening until sometime on Wed afternoon.
To have my incident resolved the gentleman told me that he was told that it would require an escalation however if he escalated the current ticket it would have a 5 day turn around, but if he was to close the current ticket and open a new one it would have a 48 hour resolution. It's easy to see which one of the two was the one he chose, so I am again waiting until Friday 14th March, from opening a call on the 28th Feb with no resolution in sight.
So I had the engineers arrive on Monday to check the line - as was expected there were no issues.
Of course interleaving had been activated on the line which was causing some of the latency and speed reduction issues which I had reported.
They mentioned to me that they would have to fill out a report and get another team to remove the interleaving but were unsure how long that might take and also whether it would be done at all
In the evening of Monday the latency had dropped below 10ms for the first time since I raised the incident and also the speed reported had increased - but only on an unloaded line.
Once the line was loaded the latency on a number of the BT nodes increased/dropped erratically, as soon as the load is removed the line stats stabilised.
As of this evening (Friday 21st) I still have had no updates from the second line team as to the progress of my incident.
So another update.
Turns out BTs 'system' closed the previous incident ticket and I hadn't badgered them enough.
After the visit of the Engineers on the 17th the line stats changed over to the stats that I had mentioned to the BT OR guys.
Over the next few days connection dropouts, steady line speed drops occured has had been previously happening.
Now after speaking with BT's Indian call centre staff they have said the 'last resort' is to 'try' removing the Interleaving to see if that will improve things.
That was interesting news as the engineers on the 17th were supposed to have had that removed.
In all honesty, I'm now looking for another service provider.
interleaving cannot be removed by any ISP as the fibre network is under the control of Openreach and NO ISP has access to the fibre network settings
In that case both the OR Engineers and BTs call centre staff have given me incorrect information.
I would take this opportunity to mention in case it wasn't clear that after each OR vist the line has performed upto the standards I was given way back when I upgraded from BT Broadband.
It is also interesting that from the DSL checker page for my number I'm not receiving the downstream speeds that even the impacted line should give.
However the upstream speeds are as per 'clean' lines.
Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile.
Hi David thanks for having a look at this issue, when I go to your profile page there is no "contact us" link to an email form to fill out.