Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmr25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 33

Re: Inefficient, Incompetent and utterly useless service

Go to solution
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, i can't get hold of a phone to plug it in to check the status of the phone line. It will take a good few days to be able to do this.
I wonder how the sky connection was working fine if the line had issues. If there was a problem then i couldn't have internet UNTIL BT Took over. The troubleshooting shows as broadband disconnected and would this indicate that someone in BT connections have not yet turned the connection on?
It's very annoying that none from connection team is giving a response and it is totally ridiculous that they are allowed to take the customers for granted by not letting them know what's going on.

Previously moderators on this forum were able to look up and give us answers but looks like all the customer service is gone and nil now.
Well they asked me to wait until 03rd October and a week later still not connected.

Does anyone know how long to get a new connection with a different provider. Can they do it sooner than two weeks?

And will we be compensated by BT for the hassle and trouble if we are not getting connected and therefore want to cancel our contract?

Please advice. Anyone else in same shoes and what have you done please?

Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

For all you know the problem could be caused by SKY and BT. Are trying to get it sorted for you. 

As I said at outset. This appears a common occurrence when new customer move from SKY

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dazzo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution
I feel for you my problem is exactly the same.I was told my activation day was last Wednesday I'm still waiting.I to am sky to bt my phone is up and running but no internet it was working perfect until activation day.Just fancied something different to sky who I've been with for about 10 year.
0 Ratings
cmr25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution
Thanks all for your responses.

Dazzo, i believe you may also be one of the affected ones. I finally managed to speak to the relevant team after an hour on the phone wait transferring back and forth. Anyway, the person who was at the other end was very helpful and understanding of the situation. He was very reassuring and took my number to call back incase we got disconnected. He explained the circumstances. From what it seems there was a software issue which prevented the order notification to be automatically sent to open reach? Or the equivalent team for fibre. This meant that BT wasn't aware of the issue until we called with no connection. So they have manually requested the connection to be resolved. This means it could take upto 5 working days. Definitely not an ideal situation but nevertheless with the explanation given i feel assured that he will raise this and deal with it. He said it's not an isolated case and they have had few cases like mine which explains why some have not been connected yet. Either way as soon as this gets resolved we would have internet I'm told.

Fingers crossed for you too.

Wish someone prior to him had bothered to explain this and deal with it. I was wasting hours of my time troubleshooting the hub in the middle of the night go get to the bottom of this issue. The previous people kept assuring that evrything should be fine and that it'll be resolved within 24hrs each time. Or didn't bother calling back.

Glad there's some staff who are still acting responsibly unlike the majority who i dealt with previously.

I'll post as soon as I've got more info.

Best wishes
Dazzo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution
Please can a mod help me now I was told I would get a phone call this morning with an update as and when any engineer visit would be made.I haven't had one
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @Dazzo71,

I am sorry to hear about the problems getting moved over. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
cmr25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution
Hi,
Can you please provide us an update. It's over two weeks now and still no news or update. I was told there would be update today. Yet no news.
It's really very annoying.
Why can't someone call us to give an update. I had to wait for over an hour and can't get any updates. And without internet its not easy to follow up.
0 Ratings
Dazzo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution
Omg I was given an update today they told me they'll ring back Thurs with an update as to how long it will take.It's getting so mental now I find it funny(in a bad way).
0 Ratings
cmr25
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution
Thanks Dazzo,
Thursday? It'll be another week before they give us another update.

Did they tell you if they are laying out new connections and digging up to get us connected.

It's unbelievable.

Can you please pm me your city/ location as I'm trying to figure out if it's isolated to our location.

Cheers,
0 Ratings
Dazzo71
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution
Hiya I'm based in whitehaven cumbria they told me my problem was on there side no engineering works needs to be done whatsoever.The work needs to be done by there tech team only but why has it took 14 days if it's only a tech issue.
0 Ratings