Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DP14
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Inferior infinity

Come back Sky all is forgiven!
On the 15 th August we had BT infinity installed, with retrospect this was a terrible decision and the old cliché " better the devil you know..." Comes to mind.
Since installation we can no longer access internet upstairs and even when you are sitting next to the hub reception is poor! The lights on the hub are constantly changing colour, the On Demand feature on the TV can't keep up as Internet connection keeps dropping out and programmes fail to record! The service falls a long way short from the fabulous package I was sold! So much for fulfilling the Internet requirements of a busy household with lots of devices. Now we are all in the same room or the kids are on their mobiles Internet in their bedrooms! Try and complain to someone about your service and it is like the Spanish inquisition! That is once you have got passed the annoying telephone robot with her speech recognition service, which unfortunately can only understand a handful of phrases so inevitably directs you to the wrong person. Basically the whole service is pretty poor! The first offer of compensation never materialised and now we are in the middle of another Internet problem I don't hold much hope for any other compensation! So I ask you BT, what exactly am I paying for? Because I can't think of any service where I would happily pay out month after month for an inferior product.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Inferior infinity

Why did you move?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

If you want forum members to try and help can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

I presume you will have a Homehub 5 so can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

DP14
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

2 kids, 4 iPads, 2 games consoles, and a sports mad husband! We moved for the same reason as anyone else, to have a reliable and fast service.
0 Ratings
DP14
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks, I was hoping it might have been picked up by BT as I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Unfortunately I am beyond useless when it comes to the Internet and would find it impossible to solve the problem for myself. But I thank you for your response.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you can carry out the tests that I requested, they are simple to do, and once they have been done it may be that it is an easy fix or at least it can be diagnosed so that you know what the problem is when you contact BT.

0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi DP14,

Do try the tests as advised. There are many very knowledgable people on this forum that can advise and help. Often the path to doing that means testing and eliminating stuff that gets in the way. Post your stats , it always starts there, then we'll see how we can help.

It may be that it is wireless, it may be a router prob, it may be a line prob, but let's start with the facts from the home hub. If there is a problem then there are mods who are uk based and who have a great record of resolving issues.

Regards.
0 Ratings