cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_7
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Infinity 1 Basically broken (Repeat of old issue)

Going to reopen this as i expect to repeat the exact same loop as i had pretty much this time last year...

Original Post here

Pretty much same problem as original post. Bad crackling on the line (you can hear it in normal calls, and really badly on the quiet line test.) 

Internet wont connect when phone is connected. When phone not connected internet will connect but cuts out ever few minutes.

Tried changing filter plate to micro filter in master socket no change. tried second router and multiple phones and all exhibit same issue.

I've got an engineer coming out on monday as thought it was a phone call issue only but now realise the broadband doesnt work either. BT phone support said their line tests completed ok which is just ridiculous. And then inferred it was a fault in my house.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity 1 Basically broken (Repeat of old issue)

You do not have a broadband issue. You have a line issue which affects your broadband. Once the line issue is resolved your internet should return to normal.

0 Ratings
Mr_7
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks Pip, I’m hopeful of this being the case but it’s the same as last year though and the only way it got sorted was through here. After the same repeat loop of several engineers (I know I’m preempting this but it took a senior engineer to fix it last time)
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 11

Get back after the engineer visit on Monday.

0 Ratings
Mr_7
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

That’s the plan. Hopefully be all good news and an easy fix. Leaving the phone unplugged so I can go online in the meantime. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

@Mr_7 wrote:BT phone support said their line tests completed ok which is just ridiculous.

Unfortunately  it can be very difficult to diagnose and locate a noisy line fault, it is very possible for a basic line test to show OK.

0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Going through the same rinse and repeat at present 3rd engineer tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mr_7
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Oddius Have you posted on here for a mod to sort? Last time once they did it actually got sorted pretty quickly.
0 Ratings
Oddius09
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Just posted was gonna wait for the 3rd visit.

0 Ratings
Mr_7
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

So update. Engineer came out on 13th. Cleared everything in the house. Noted noise on the line.

His device said high resistance fault 1000m away. Went into the village and found a flooded junction box in the road.

Got a text update saying it would be fixed by 5pm the following day.

5pm on the 14th and another text to say they couldn’t resolve the issue and it would take another hour. They then sent another message the following day that it would take until the 21st.

Then today they sent a text saying it would be fixed by the original time and to check online. Which hasn’t been updated since Monday and says it will be fixed by the 14th August and is in progress....

Sigh.
0 Ratings