cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albascotia
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

Infinity 1 Renewal - 55/10?

How can you tell if you have been put on the new 55/10 service after an existiing Infinity 1 contract has been renewed?

Do you have to wait for 10 days for the max. speeds to be achieved, even though it is a renewal, rather than an initial install?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Infinity 1 Renewal - 55/10?

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Albascotia
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for the reply.

From HH5 helpdesk:

1. Product name: BT Home Hub

2. Serial number:

3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 10/07/15

4. Board version: BT Hub 5A

5. DSL uptime: 10 days, 03:48:04

6. Data rate: 5638 / 39993

7. Maximum data rate: 6186 / 40600

8. Noise margin: 6.4 / 6.3

9. Line attenuation: 28.9 / 22.4

10. Signal attenuation: 28.6 / 20.7

11. Data sent/received: 4.5 GB / 136.9 GB

12. Broadband username:

How do I post the table from ADSL Checker?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

this will help  https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

from your stats your max attainable is 40.6mb so upgrade to 55/10mb wount increase yur speed.  your attainable speed is what line can support regardless of which package you select - 40/10, 55/10 or 80/20

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Albascotia
Beginner
Message 5 of 17

Screenshot_20160603_143014.png

The info. shown is identical to how it was prior to signing up for a new contract.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Yes, that won't change. That is just an indication of what is available and what your line is capable of, it would still show that even if you were on an ADSL service.

0 Ratings
Albascotia
Beginner
Message 7 of 17

Re. my HH5 Helpdesk info. - Should the DSL uptime have reset when the new contract started? It's showing that it's been up for over 10 days, but the new contract started 1.6.16.

FWIW, when I signed up for Infinity originally, the estimate given was 52  - 65 Mb, so I went for Infinity 2 - As I only got 44 Mb, I got them to regrade to Infinity 1 - shouldn't I be able to get more than the > 37 Mb download that I got pretty consistently on the up to 38 Mb service?

The estimate given for the new Infinity 1 was 35 - 47 Mb

When checking speeds on the BT Wholesale Speedtest, my IP profile is 38.71; again, this is identical to how it was prior to the new contract.

Have I definitely been put on 55/10?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

you can try 1 reset but I don't think you will see any improvement from the stats you have posted you are well within the estimated speed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

You probably haven't been changed to the 55/10, but even if you do change you will only see the very slightest of difference anyway as imj has already posted, your maximum speed is only 40.6.

0 Ratings
Albascotia
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Thanks for the further replies.

How can BT give an estimated range of 35 - 47 if the maximum achievable on my line is 40.6?

How can the BT Wholesale Speedtest website show an acceptable range of 20 - 38.71 (exactly as it showed on the old upto 38 Mb service), when the guaranteed minimum with the new contract is 31 Mb?

You say that I probably haven't been switched, but irrespective of what download speed might be achievable, I should have been switched - I phoned BT, and it was the usual runaround, ultimately resulting in 'the IP profile hasn't changed because you are in the 10 day stabilisation period'

What should the IP profile show - the max. speed based upon the cap on this service, or the maximum achievable by my line? Either way, it shouldn't be 38.71 (exactly as it was before), should it?

How do I get them to switch me to 55/10, if, after the 10 day stabilisation period, nothing has changed?

0 Ratings