cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eatmypig
Contributor
Message 21 of 43

Re: Infinity 1 Speed Upgrade

Yes, i removed the face plate for the test, you say the most my line will handle is 39meg, when i go on the BT site and put my details it says the min guaranteed spped is 60meg 2017-02-28 (2).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 43

Looks like you need an engineer visit then.

Have you checked for noise on the line by dialling 17070?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
eatmypig
Contributor
Message 23 of 43

My wife and I have just tried the line for noise by calling 17070 and it seemed fine by the both of us
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 43

You need to raise a broadband fault and request an engineer.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
eatmypig
Contributor
Message 25 of 43

Will i have to pay for the engineer visit ??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 43

No, you've proved the fault is not in your wiring by connecting to the test socket.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 27 of 43

You will be advised of a possible charge but as you've proved no fault in your home by doing the requested tests then it will be free.

0 Ratings
eatmypig
Contributor
Message 28 of 43

Hi Pipping, how have I proved by doing the tests that the fault doesn't lie in my house ? , I know I've run a load of test but as I'm not tech savy it's strange , Id rather bite the bullet and stay on 20mb then switch when my contract expires than get hit unexpectedly with a bill for 130 notes , thanks for replying
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 43

Because the fault still exists when you connect to the test socket. By removing the faceplate you have disconnected all your internal wiring that would be chargeable and are only connected to the Openreach responsible infrastructure. That is the purpose of the test socket, to provide a demarcation point.

Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 43

Just to confirm that by connecting to the test socket you've proven that the speed being delivered to the demarcation point (where Openreach's responsibility terminates) the issue HAS to lie on the Openreach line.

Switching supplier when your contract is up wouldn't resolve the issue.
0 Ratings