cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 31 of 43

Re: Infinity 1 Speed Upgrade

@licquoriceand @Webby have answered that for me. Go ahead and get the engineer out, you won't be charged.

0 Ratings
eatmypig
Contributor
Message 32 of 43

Hi Guys and Girls, thanks for all your input, i've been poking around the house 2017-03-01 (2).pngand have noticed that another socket has been spurred off the master socket, i plugged ethernet cable in and ran some test, could this spurred connection be the route of all my problems ?? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 43

If you take the front face plate on the master socket off, exposing the test socket, the extension should go dead if you plug a phone into it. If it doesn't that would indicate that you have star wiring and it will affect your speeds.

Star wiring.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 43

It certainly could be
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
eatmypig
Contributor
Message 35 of 43

Hi all, I've removed the cover and the phone in the extension sockets doesn't work , when connected back up the noise on the extension socket is so bad you can hardly hear the ring tone, would I be better removing this extension before calling the enginner out ? It was previous owners of the house that it installed so I can't say how did it, my father is an registered NICEIC electrician so he could move it for me, any help still gladly received
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 36 of 43

By all means remove the extention as you would be responsible for that.

You will most likely find it solves your problem and you won't need an engineer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 43

If you plug a phone into the test socket is there any noise. If not it has been the extension causingthe problem. If there is noise, there is a problem with your line.

If there is no noise, what speeds are you getting if you connect to the hub using the test socket on the master socket, with the extension disconnected?

If things improve you should just leave it connected without the extension for a few weeks to see if the speeds continue to improve.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 38 of 43

@gg30340The OP has alredy tested via the test socket earlier in the thread.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 43

I must have missed where he said there was no noise when testing a phone in the test socket.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 40 of 43

Happens to us all!Smiley LOL

0 Ratings