Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnoo
Expert
Message 21 of 32

Re: Infinity 1 Stabalisation time

@gg30340 wrote:

Unfortunately VDSL and ADSL are different signals. ADSL can work on extensions however using extensions can affect VDSL signals. You are best to use the test socket which will rule out your extension causing the problem. 

If you can not move your computer for test purposes are you able to "borrow" a laptop and connect that by Ethernet once the hub is connected to the test socket.

UnfortunatelyI do not have access to a Laptop, even to borrow.

But it has just been suggested to me that I'm expecting too much to soon & I should wait a few, up to 10 days, to let the system settle down, so i think I will monitor speeds & wait.

Do you agree on this action?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Can you try moving the Hub to the test socket and connecting wirelessly so you can access at least the line stats?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 32

You can wait if you want but the 10 day stabilisation period is rubbish. Your line should reach its "stabilised" speeds by day three. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 32

Your connection is not going to reach estimated speed if you wait, whether that is 10 days or 30 days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 25 of 32

With these 2, the 10 day stabilisation period is absolute nonsense.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 26 of 32

@William_Grimsley wrote:

With these 2, the 10 day stabilisation period is absolute nonsense.

1 I can't connect tower wirelessly

2 You are saying that 10 days is rubbish but gg has just inferred that I should wait 3 days.

Do you agree that this is reasonable?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 32

Don't play us off against each other!

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 28 of 32

@gg30340 wrote:

Don't play us off against each other!

I'm not playing games, just looking for a solution to my problem.

Am looking for a timescale as to when to escalate the problem

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 32

I realise you are not playing games but I gave a reply as did imjolly and I don't expect you to ask some body else if it is reasonable. If it was not reasonable I would not have posted it and the other posters are more than capable of telling you if I was wrong. If you are looking for consensus from everybody on this thread I'll leave you to it.

0 Ratings
Johnoo
Expert
Message 30 of 32

@gg30340 wrote:

I realise you are not playing games but I gave a reply as did imjolly and I don't expect you to ask some body else if it is reasonable. If it was not reasonable I would not have posted it and the other posters are more than capable of telling you if I was wrong. If you are looking for consensus from everybody on this thread I'll leave you to it.

Sorry if I have offended, but I'm getting very worked up about this. Also I now have a problem logging into BT Yahoo mail, which is giving yet more frustration.

Keeping it simple, you state in message 23 that the speed should stabilise by day 3, so can we agree that as this is day 1 I am expecting too much to soon?

0 Ratings