Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 32

Re: Infinity 1 Stabalisation time

In summary the information you have been told so far :

Your speeds are what they are. They might fluctuate slightly over the first two or three days but basically they will not get much better than what they are at the moment and certainly no better after 10 days.

You could have a problem with your internal wiring that could be causing a problem but the only way to eliminate that would be to connect to the test socket in the master socket and run the speed test and check the Hub's stats again to see if they improve.

If you don't do that and there is a fault in your internal wiring should an engineer attend and finds that as the fault you will be charged £130.

The choice is down to you as regards what you do but I would find a way to connect to the master socket and re-run the test and check the stats. Thereafter assuming they stats don't improve I would call BT and request an engineer visit.

If they do drastically improve I would then be looking either to leave the hub connected to the master socket or have the extension socket changed to be the master socket.

Of course you could always ask for a second or third opinion Smiley Wink

Johnoo
Expert
Message 32 of 32

Re: Infinity 1 Stabalisation time

@gg30340 wrote:

In summary the information you have been told so far :

Your speeds are what they are. They might fluctuate slightly over the first two or three days but basically they will not get much better than what they are at the moment and certainly no better after 10 days.

You could have a problem with your internal wiring that could be causing a problem but the only way to eliminate that would be to connect to the test socket in the master socket and run the speed test and check the Hub's stats again to see if they improve.

If you don't do that and there is a fault in your internal wiring should an engineer attend and finds that as the fault you will be charged £130.

The choice is down to you as regards what you do but I would find a way to connect to the master socket and re-run the test and check the stats. Thereafter assuming they stats don't improve I would call BT and request an engineer visit.

If they do drastically improve I would then be looking either to leave the hub connected to the master socket or have the extension socket changed to be the master socket.

Of course you could always ask for a second or third opinion Smiley Wink

OK, thanks I'll wait & see what happens at end of day 3 & then move forward

0 Ratings